Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 10:26 PM

Credits: 51,138
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

I'd prefer to really stay out of this argument, but in my opinion your both right, maximillion is being a bit of a complainer but at same time is right on a few points. Leaving it at that.

I have a question for HOF, and that is why did you buy the script. And here's why I ask. I find it confusing, that you are, in a sense, hording the script. because if you bought it to make money off of it, which would be understandable then where are the ads or sales? And if you bought the rights to the script to 'save' it for what ever could of happened to it then you must be passionate about it. So why then is the script not open source and have a bigger development team, even if that have to be paid, which i believe ad revenue could cover.

I mean no offense to anyone by this post but want an incite to what is going on. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:33 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 85,351
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road

I assure you I am not a youngster nor would a person like you "put me in my place". I have plenty I could say to you but I'd rather not stoop to your level. We all tried to help you but all you're doing is downing this script. Like I said... if you're "so great at coding" go make your own site. This forum is for getting help, not putting down the creators, which you've done in every post.

Check out SilvaTales
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 398,311
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

@ SilverDragonTears: Thanks for standing up and speaking your mind out. You are a kind and understanding person, and I appreciate your enthusiasm in this script very much. Id really like to take on some requests from Mys users when I finish what I am supposed to do with Mys v1.3.0. Lemme know if you have anything to ask.

@ Maximillion: I am terribly sorry if Mys does not satisfy your need at this moment. As a public script, it is and will always be a standard script that the majority of users find it useful or entertaining. You may have some specific request that suits your own need, and this is what public or private modifications are supposed to do. At this moment the staff members are working on future official releases, and outside of them there aint really many skilled coders who volunteer to make a modification that matches your requirement. I may try to handle some of your requests when I am done with itemshop, but I cant promise you anything since I dont want to make promises that even I do not know if I will fulfill it. But anyway, I appreciate the fact that you are interested in this script and wish for it to improve.

@Nemisis: Mys is nonprofitable, its not my intention to make money out of it. I already explained my reasoning in that interview on VPL. I am a chemical engineer, site building/programming is a hobby to me and you pretty much ruin the fun when money is involved. Not mentioning adoptables scripts really aint profitable, which is why BMR sold it to me.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:02 PM

I have like three friends in college for chemical engineering lol, like it? Ok I completely understand, however your forum seems to have around 100 people on at any given time and you can still be nonprofit and have ads. Just all proceeds could go to freelance programmers that would help better the script. And I would also argue that an adoptable site has tons of potential as they grow through page views.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:17 PM

Credits: 8,593
maximillion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Like I said... if you're "so great at coding" go make your own site
i answered that already... to start from scratch and get the coders and all would take 6 months to set it all up, then startup a game to pay them off would take another 3 to 4 months... ect... i rather just be a part of a team that's already in motion - it's a lot easier and faster!

Quote:
This forum is for getting help, not putting down the creators
i have offered my help to hof for free because i'd like to see this script use it's full potential.. it's up to him if he wants it or not.

Quote:
I would also argue that an adoptable site has tons of potential as they grow
as a former game owner, i agree
Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 PM

to fix my previous post, there are at least 100 people visiting per 24 hours. Maximillion, you seem like you'd be an interesting guy to partner with. I am always looking to work on sites and you have a lot of experience with scripts. Combined with my server want to start some projects
Old 06-23-2011, 07:25 PM

Credits: 8,593
maximillion is on a distinguished road

pm sent :)

but just to clarify, i'm not a php coder.. i wish i was, believe me i really wish i was. i would have not closed down my game if i was.

Last edited by maximillion; 06-23-2011 at 07:41 PM.