Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Templates and Themes

Notices

Old 11-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,987
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

No, they're not present. On the first post I explained you'll need to make pages for each top level category and link to them. You'll have to make these pages yourself, and they should contain the same content as the submenus. It's only as mobile friendly as you make it.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,333
MikiHeart

I couldn't get the style resource you posted to work properly, it didn't give the entire css.
I did however, find this website which I thought was useful.

http://www.lavishbootstrap.com/

My website is set on an island, so after searching around for the right image that gave a good palette, I ended up with a pretty nice style for the bootstrap theme.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:38 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,702
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

Hey, Kyttias, I know you're busy, but when/if you have the chance I could use some suggestions!

For some reason every now and then my theme will sort of glitch and the button arrows for the drop down will, well, drop down below the link title. Not a major issue, but it doesn't look great- screenshot

Any ideas?
Old 05-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Premium Member

Definitely something that can be fixed with css, but I wonder why it only happens 'once in a while'? If I had a direct link I would just right click on the area when it's happening and hit 'inspect element' on the browser's context menu and examine what's going on there -- with the css. It looks as though the minimum width for those areas need to be wider.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:42 PM

Credits: 16,095
parayna is on a distinguished road

I have a question about editing the bootstrap that you provided in the file! XD I made a fresh install of the bootstrap theme and haven't actually edited anything yet (well, I have, but I undid everything after because I didn't like it, etc. XD). I need help with making everything line up properly though... on the shop page that you helped me with originally Bootstrap kind of breaks it XD I'm not sure where to go to edit it so that everything fits better. I have spent the past few hours tinkering with the code in the Bootstrap file and the class_itemshop file but can't fix it. >.< Also, the tooltips don't work properly.

It looks like this:

Spoiler: Image 

I'm also wondering if there are any good Bootstrap tutorials that I can use to change the layout. I checked out the ones on the first post but I'm not sure how to use the info XD (That's also why I'm asking here about the layout and tooltips as I didn't understand what was on the links about them XD)
Old 09-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Premium Member

Bootstrap is a css theme but not really a layout. Yes, I made a layout, and you can change it. I'd advise you to use the information in the links, because the only thing I can do is tell you to do is read how to use Bootstrap from the original site. All the example code is there - html elements and the exact classes they need on them. Most of the other links I gave you are just ways to create themes - which are just arrangements of color and different sized borders, radius amounts, fonts choices, etc.

As for the tooltips not working, the thread you got them from informs you:
Quote:
You now have all the necessary components for tooltips. You now also have jQuery, for future reference. If you already had jQuery, say, at the end of your </body> in your template.tpl (and if you have Bootstrap, you do), move the scripts there instead (but go ahead and leave the css in the header). These scripts must always come after your jQuery installation.
That is to say, if you have Bootstrap you must have jQuery in the header file and not the end of the template file. You also cannot have two. Neglecting to have it at the top or having more than one would cause issue. I don't know what your exact problem is. That said, Bootstrap also comes with built in tooltips, so if you'd rather rewrite the html completely, look into that.

On a final note, be careful when rewriting the shop files. I advise getting a text editor meant for code that has syntax highlighting, so you can visually see that the code is being closed correctly. Double quotes " , single quotes ' , and commented out quotes \" will all need to be used at different times and locations and they're the bane of even an advanced coder's day. Knowing what to use where and when is difficult, so I wish you luck.

I wish I had more time to offer help. Good luck!
Old 09-07-2015, 01:23 PM

Credits: 16,095
parayna is on a distinguished road

OK, thanks a lot! ^_^ I started college today and I went into the library and oh my lord the amount of coding books I found o.o There were so many........ o.o I got out one on CSS and HTML (even though I'm actually not bad at them because I had lessons at Secondary school before we chose what subjects to do) and I saw there were also AJAX ones, PHP ones, JQUERY ones, Javascript... and quite a few with multiple topics in them (like PHP, MySQL, and Ajax together). I'm definitely going to make use of those resources over the next, like, 2 years... although I have started reading the CSS one (it's CSS: The Definitive Guide 3rd Edition by Eric A. Meyer) and I actually already know all the info I've read so far XD I can't wait to start the HTML one after, as well. But I will also check out the PHP ones later on.. so I now have greater resources at my disposal!

It's going to be a huge help! XD And if I can't get Bootstrap to work to my liking, I have a solid idea for what I want to achieve with the normal CSS styling (that is for the first time an actual image in my head of what I wish it to look like). Now that I have a plan, I can hopefully do some of these things myself instead of always asking for help at all hours of the night when I am struck with an idea... >.> Which is what happened last night because my brain wouldn't shut off when I was supposed to be sleeping because all I could think about was coding sequences for CSS and a few basic PHP lines I remembered... not helpful when I had to have my first day at college today D: But anyway... thank you! XD

(If you can't tell I'm really excited right now lol OwO)
Old 11-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Adoptable Site Owner

Credits: 8,172
SapphirePhoenix is on a distinguished road

This is totally awesome!
Old 11-30-2015, 03:31 AM
Adoptable Site Owner

Credits: 8,172
SapphirePhoenix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please note:
You will NEED to go into Links > Edit Links and make sure your top-level categories are pointing to pages other than index, as the drop down menus have been removed for devices smaller than tablets! Make pages for your top-level categories that include all relevant links, so users on smaller screens can navigate all parts of your site. You can safely remove the link to 'Home' as it is redundant and will inaccurately display a drop down caret even though it has no drop down children.
I have changed the 'link text' of the top level categories to different links of the site. Does the links are still supposed collapse? They didn't show up for mobile...

Last edited by SapphirePhoenix; 11-30-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Premium Member

No, unfortunately, the idea is to create a 'homepage' for each top level category that will contain all the necessary links therein, and people on mobile will navigate the site that way. It's not the best in the world. Sorry!

Tags
bootstrap, jquery, mobile-first, responsive