Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 05:26 PM

Credits: 2,995
SoubisSacrifice is on a distinguished road
Default iPage installation issues

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the 3.1.4 script several times, and I am running into a persistent problem. The install will seem to go through okay. I'll click on 'view my page' at the end, and it will show a landing page. The problem is that anytime I click on something, like trying to log in, I get this page:

I've tried installing both into a sub-directory, and currently it is installed in my root folder. I made sure that picuploads + subfolders, and cache, config, and compile had 777 permissions. My config.php seems to be correct:

I made sure that my database privileges are checked yes, and I am running on MySQL version 5.5.32 and PHP version 5.3.13.

Here's a screenshot of the structure in my file manager, install directory was already deleted...and the forum folder points to my phpbb forum.

I have a guest FTP account that can be accessed if needed to see the files yourself. The link to my site is: http://www.safirina.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by SoubisSacrifice; 01-20-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,953
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I also find it interesting that if you visit http://safirina.com/ there is also an error, but http://www.safirina.com/ is fine. Likewise, trying to visit a page that can be seen not logged in, such as /stats, also has unusual behavior. http://safirina.com/stats results in 'this webpage is not available' but http://www.safirina.com/stats redirects to iPage.

I think 'www' definitely is our best clue, hopefully one that can be solved with the .htaccess file. Unfortunately, this is not my strong point, but I hope my insight helps.

However, all these people (with completely different websites, frameworks, etc, not related to Mysidia) also have this error, thanks to a quick Google search result of the error code "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" and "iPage" together:
- with oscommerce (not solved at all) [ x ]
- with joomla (sort of solved? the htaccess file need to definitely be .htaccess and not htaccess.txt and search friendly urls needed to be disabled) [ x ]
- with prestashop (scroll down, they say the problem just kind of fixed itself after waiting a few days) - [ x ]
- with wordpress (not solved at all) [ x ]

In the end, it's definitely either an issue with iPage (their servers are configured to ignore .htaccess files) or with the .htaccess file itself (it's not named properly or needs custom rules for iPage).

Last edited by Kyttias; 01-20-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:01 PM

The htaccess file was my guess as well after noticing that the navigation was missing the www whenever I clicked on a link from the landing page. I've used htaccess files with iPage before, so I'm guessing that it must be something with the file that was uploaded with the script. My forum still works fine, thankfully.

Sounds like something I'll need to approach iPage customer service about. I was just hoping you guys had maybe heard of something like this before. ;)

Thanks, and I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:36 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,327
MikiHeart

I was going to suggestion that it was something to with the hosting provider.

I might look through the forum, and try to compile a list of hosts that Mysidia works on for sure. It works on my host perfectly, which is Arvixe.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:55 AM

I got it figured out. Apparently my domain was pointing to the wrong IP address. /facepalm

My host provider fixed it for me, and said it should be running with no issues in 1 to 12 hours.

Edit: Seems to be working now, in fact. It's always the little things you've overlooked.... XD Thank you everyone for your help regardless.

Last edited by SoubisSacrifice; 01-21-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,407
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm I am getting 500 internal server error now on your site, I do think your server is not set up properly. Cant tell if its your webhost's fault or that you have not configured it to your need before installing the script. Or maybe its just me who get this error? Oddly enoug, 2-3 hours ago your site appeared to be working already, this confuses me.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:23 AM

Credits: 5,297
Glow is on a distinguished road

I'm getting the error too! Hope to see your site soon, SoubisSacrifice! :)
Old 01-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Premium Member

Real top-level domain changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate, so I wouldn't panick about either error until more than two days have passed. Hopefully it will work after this change, once the change has made it's way across the internet.

(See, the 'internet' is actually made up of seven or eight main servers distributed globally, for speed's sake - and all these babies do is hold DNS, domain-name-service, info. At least, that's my understanding. While these update relatively live, your internet service provider pings the closest one, but holds a cached copy of the 'old' version, to reduce their server load, and therefore costs. The cache usually gets replaced in, you guessed it - around 48 hours, by pinging the closest continental directory of all domain names. So one's new domain does not have an 'old' location, and therefore, it takes a while for it to appear, and will appear at different times for different people, depending on where they live. And one's old domain may have an old location, which may erroneously still appear and be buggy for a short while.)
Old 01-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Premium Member

Did you ever get your site working? I've just been getting a 500 Error.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:43 AM

Credits: 5,297
Glow is on a distinguished road

It's working for me now! :D