Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 10:20 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,549
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default Mysidia server crisis and Our official apology

As many of you have noticed, Mysidia's server was down since Friday morning. At first we thought it was just some minor server error and a reboot would solve the issue, but after several hours the problem was still not fixed. At the end of that day, we received a shocking email from WebhostingBuzz, the webhost of Mysidia's dedicated server:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inna B (WebHostingBuzz)
Hello,

We are obliged to inform you that because the terrible mistake made by one of our team members your server has been used for a new setup and your server has been formatted. We understand that no words can do enough to make up for the incident that has happened.

As compensation for the issue that has affected you, we are offering a free upgrade to a server with higher specifications and three months of free hosting. We will setup the following server for you:

Dual Intel Xeon E5-2609 v2
16GB RAM
2 x 1 TB HDDs
40 TB of Bandwidth per month (100 Mbps port)
CentOS
cPanel
Softaculous

The server price will remain the same - $148.00/month.

The good new is that your old server hasn't been used for a new setup yet, so our technicians will be able to transfer the data from that server to your new one. They will keep you updated on the progress in this ticket.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for this unpleasant situation once again.

As you can see, the server crisis was caused by Mysidia's server provider, who mistakenly distributed Mysidia's dedicated server to a new client when it was already being used by Mysidia. In a word, Mysidia's server was being used by a different client/company now. There is also no way to recover the data from the server.

The only good new is, Mysidia had an old server back in April 2016, and the old data was still in tact. This means that your data prior to April 27th should still be available, but whatever happened between April 28th to May 13th was all lost. You can see this from the evidence that this forum only has threads/posts covering April 27th, 2016. If you are a new user registered after April 27th, your account is no longer available on both Mysidia Host and Mysidia Adoptables, and you have to sign up again.

We know this is an overwhelmingly unpleasant situation, and please accept our deepest apology for this incident. For those of you who have made significant changes to your website since April 28th, We are very sorry you have to do it again. We will do everything in our powerful to help you, if you need coding. If you have backup files or database, you can send them to me and I will restore your site using the backups. Keep in mind that every change made after April 28th was erased, so if you have any changes to your passwords/credentials, the changes were gone as well, you need to remember your old password to log in.

And for those who signed up after April 28th, you may need to sign up again, and message me about your desired website/admin name. We will set up your website again once request is received. If anyone of you feel disgusted and wish to leave, we respect your decision and wish the best luck for you.

If you have any questions, concerns or simply complaints, feel free PMing Hall of Famer or emailing him at worldoffame@hotmail.com. We will handle your requests immediately if it is anything we can do. And please understand that Mysidia is a victim too in this scandal, we are working with the hosting provider Webhostingbuzz to find out which person caused this grave mistake and who should be responsible for this whole disaster. I will keep all of you updated on this matter too.

At the very last, please allow us to make a deep apology again. We will do our best to cut the damage to minimum.

Hall of Famer
Mysidia Adoptables and Mysidia Host team.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 PM
The awesomesauce

Credits: 32,831
Ittermat is on a distinguished road

*hugs to you famer* I already told you Im not mad at you <3 It was by no fault of your own, and accidents happen ^^

good luck finding the guy though!
Old 05-16-2016, 04:59 PM

Credits: 4,287
Ruri Lesavka

I'm one of those who signed up after April 28th ;u; but it's ok, I had most of my files saved except the sql stuff so I don't need to start all over.

I'm just happy that the sites are back up and running again :D
Old 05-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Artist

Credits: 15,229
pachoofoosh is on a distinguished road

Dang I was wondering what happened to Mysidia. xD Glad the site's back up, that's cool that they offered you that server deal!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:11 PM
〈 ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ 〉

Credits: 7,448
Bexasaurus is on a distinguished road

Glad the site's back up!
I panicked for the couple of days it was down.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:38 PM

Credits: 48,917
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

That's really unfortunate! :/ Hopefully my site didn't have too much data lost..
Will you be restoring the sites eventually or should I PM you to get mine restored? Mysgardia still isn't showing up.

Thanks for letting us know HoF!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,549
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

@Tahbikat:

The reason why your site does not show up yet is that, the server IP reverted back to the old IP, the alternative domain mysgardia.mysidiahost.com still works. So you need to edit the domain nameserver IP again, and then your site will show up.

The data lost was about 2 weeks of data(Apr 28th to May 13th), anything before that was still in tact. If you have backup files and databases, you can restore them. Or PM me if you dont know how to do this.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:12 AM

Credits: 48,168
Hwona is on a distinguished road

This sounds really unpleasant. Well, I'm super glad that Mysidia is still here (I was a bit worried at first) and hope that no one lost too much data. :3
Old 05-18-2016, 10:28 PM

Credits: 5,596
Eagle9615 is on a distinguished road

Glad to see Mysidia is up again! Due to real-life issues, I didn't make any major changes to my site in that time. But I hope those who did aren't set too far back.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:01 AM
〈 ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ 〉

Credits: 7,448
Bexasaurus is on a distinguished road

Ahhh, I can't login to my account on mysidiahost.com is my account also deleted on there due to the server issue that occurred?
Closed Thread