Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Templates and Themes

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 AM

Credits: 49,042
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

still I disagree, with just a few changes you can get a decent site up. And if an update is released your just gonna have to adapt your site to it, keep your current site until you finished making the changes. I have to deal with this sort of thing a lot.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:10 PM

Credits: 8,309
maximillion is on a distinguished road

it's a big job tho, i know.. i owned thecartelproject.com (an online mafia mmorpg, i finally closed it down) for 7 years.. it was fun while it lasted but a lot of work and time went into it (and i mean a lot), so i don't know if i wanna take on such a big project again (especially alone).

case yer wondering as to why i closed it down is cause i don't know php (tho i could minipulate some on my own game), just paying a php coder was a bit much in the end cause i am an idea kinda guy - so i ALWAYS had stuff i wanted to put into the game.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 PM

Credits: 3,103
Plague is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Nyxi in regards to the skill level required to edit the layouts. If you're experienced in CSS and HTML editing any of the defaults is a breeze. And as shown needed knowledge of PHP to edit layouts is slim. Also, most of the layouts are not necessarily meant to be used as is. They are in most cases intended to be simple and to be a starting off point for you to create something custom and unique of your own that suits your purposes.

I also agree with Nemesis as far as failure to see the complexity in editing layouts and that it seems to be a simple matter of jumping in and actually editing and making what you want. You seem to expect something free and pre-built, yet suiting your exact needs and if that's the case this probably isn't something for you. The idea of the layouts, code and everything else for the most part in this forum is to be a beginning to your own creation, but you have to be the one to edit and make that idea come to fruition.