Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 12-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,944
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Longer Custom Pages through the AdminCP?

I finally got around to making my Terms of Service page through the AdminCP, only to find that it cuts off about two paragraphs short, due to some unseen limit. I went into the database and changed the structure in the content table, content column to hold VARCHAR 25000, up from 15000, and that should be enough for me, this time. (I effectively solved my own problem, this was originally going to be a post asking how, but I figured it out after thinking it through again.)

However, I'd rather the HTML for custom pages be stored in a physical file someplace in future versions of Mysidia, rather than the database: Many hosting providers have storage limits specifically for their databases. It's fine if the database contains a pointer to where the file is stored, though.

I'm finding more and more reasons not to use the AdminCP to make pages, honestly. =/ If it's not one thing, it's another. In future versions of Mysidia can the entire CKEditor be optional? I'd rather raw HTML, and no, the 'Source' button does not count - the editor still adds in random divs, linebreaks, and changes some combinations of letters into symbols mysteriously. There's also an intense clutter of buttons. Maybe choose a different WYSIWYG editor altogether for the next release?
Old 12-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,360
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

You make a good point. I do think that ideally the pages can be stored as HTML or text files rather than text fields in database. The reason why it was originally done this way is that the custom pages themselves ain't complete HTML of the page, but only a portion of it. It's not a problem though, as a GUI Comment can take care of this now.

The CKEditor will be optional in Mys v1.4.0 and onwards. There will also be options to use a standard or full version of CKEditor. Take a look at these two links and you will know what I mean by two versions of CKEditor:

http://ckeditor.com/demo#standard
http://ckeditor.com/demo#full

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.