Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 08:04 PM

Credits: 10,551
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

Hall of Famer,

The site is on a dedicated server, the very low end of dedicated servers. That includes a control panel and is only around $94 a month.

The site does bring in a profit every month, sometimes the profit after hosting is as low as $70 or as high as $275, depending on traffic, ad revenue, time of year, etc.

The extra profit every month from the site is nice to have, but part of the reason that I am considering selling is that at least for me the site has past the point where it has been fun and where now it is something that has to be taken care of. At one point the site was my life, it was how I learned to code. Now I'm working 40 hours a week developing websites for multi-million dollar multinational corporations and working on MA isn't as thrilling as it used to be.

I love the site, but I wonder if its time for me as a developer to move on. I don't have time for the site like I wish I did. Given unlimited time I would probably rewrite the whole site from scratch and make it 10 times better. I don't have time, however.

If I don't find someone who I think will take good care of the site to buy it then I will continue to run it as long as revenue exceeds operating expenses. I'm just doing the bare minimum though, so I think it would be a win-win to find someone who wants to develop the site further while still compensating me for what infrastructure is already in place.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:48 PM

Credits: 2,490
Pyrkagias is on a distinguished road

Test
http://www.myadopts.com/
Old 10-28-2011, 07:46 PM

If you're interested in the site make me an offer and tell me what your plans are for the site if you win. I'll consider all offers.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,454
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm MA is currently down, did you make a deal with someone already BMR? I saw it from virtualpetlist.com that a user made an offer to you, wonder what was the asking price and bidding price then.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:50 AM
bruh

Credits: 35,655
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

It's been down for 2 days now which is unusual.. D:

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 PM

I have to get the server rebooted, again. I currently am without internet, except for the limited connection of my cell phone, so I haven't been able to get online as easily.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:47 AM

I see, so you did not make a deal with that guy posted after you? Just curious, again mind telling me the asking price from you and the bidding price from him? Actually I may consider getting a possibly better host for MA, and if so I need the specs for your current hosting package to compare. I am currently paying $97 for my VPS(which can be upgraded to dedicated at any time), but the site does not have any traffic so continuing paying for that is a waste.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
I see, so you did not make a deal with that guy posted after you? Just curious, again mind telling me the asking price from you and the bidding price from him? Actually I may consider getting a possibly better host for MA, and if so I need the specs for your current hosting package to compare. I am currently paying $97 for my VPS(which can be upgraded to dedicated at any time), but the site does not have any traffic so continuing paying for that is a waste.
I believe that the site is on a 1.8Ghz Intel Celeron machine right now, with 1GB RAM and 40GB hard drive space. The hosting package it is on is so old that the host no longer offers it to new customers. The hosting package is fully managed though, which adds to the cost. I pay about $95 a month for this.

The asking price for the site has been reduced to $2,000, although if you have a counter-offer I am open to hearing it. I would know the site were to be in good hands if you were to purchase it, considering what you have done with the Rusnak / Mysidia script. :)
Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 PM

Well the dedicated hosting service I plan to upgrade to is on Intel Dual Core G6950 2x2.8Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive Space with 5TB bandwidth. Does it look better or worse than the one you are currently using?

And btw BMR, I am not really planning on buying MA at this moment. One reason is that I do not know if I can make a good host with MA's server load even after upgrading the hosting package. Another reason is that my own future is uncertain since I am graduating in summer 2012. I am applying for master/PHD programs, and if accepted by any schools I should be able to lead a normal life for at least another five years. Otherwise, there is a chance that I have to say goodbye to the entire internet. I guess you understand what I mean.

So what I am thinking about is that I will offer an upgraded hosting package for MA with you as its owner still. This way you are able to collect revenue from MA without paying for the hosting package. It is also good for me to evaluate my ability to host a site like MA with my own pocket. If everything works out for me in the summer 2012, I will pay you $1000 and take over. I believe you should be able to get more than $2000 from this if MA is indeed making $3000 per year($250/month*6 month = $1500/month, which makes a total of $2500). If by any chance you aint able to make $1000 or more, I will still make sure that it does cover $2000 in total.

Lemme know what you think about it then. I consider it feasible, especially considering MA staff and members are emotionally attached to you and they will need some time getting used to a new owner, even if it is Gigi or Kaeliah. I am going to upgrade my hosting package anyway, so it definitely wont hurt for me to use it to host MA if it can do better than your current hosting package.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 PM

Your dedicated server certainly beats mine, hands down. That's a good offer, let me consider it.

I just don't know when I would have the time though to move the site over.