Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Old 06-02-2021, 11:59 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,383
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default Important Notice: Mysidia is moving to Xenforo

As I mentioned in my last blog: What is next for Mysidia Adoptables, the forum will be upgraded to Xenforo 2.2 soon. This is a change I'll have to make since VB 3.8 is way too old, and will not be updated to work with future PHP versions. As Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.6 will be compatible with PHP 7/8, I plan to upgrade the server and most domain/accounts to PHP 7.4(note some accounts on Mysidia Host may stay at PHP 5.6 if they cannot upgrade to Mysidia v1.3.6).

The old VB forum is only compatible with PHP 5, and its time for a change as we modernize the forum with Xenforo. Some of you've also reported that long post seems to be not working, for some reason. These problems will all go away on the new Xenforo forum, and you may visit it at:

https://forums.mysidiaadoptables.com/index.php

The old forum will stay open until the end of June, and it will be archived starting at July 1st. Beyond then, the old forum will become 'read-only', as no registration or posting will be allowed. You are encouraged to start using the new forum from now on, and inform me if you encounter any issues. Some of you may need to reset password, PM me on the old forum if you cant log in.

Note the new forum is still a work in progress at the moment, as it is still missing some features from the old forum(ie. blog system, bug tracker, what's hot/popular, credits). Some of the features will be available on the new forum soon, while a few may not be possible to migrate(the bug tracker will have to be removed, and turned into regular threads). I will update all of you regarding when the missing features from the old forum will make their ways to the new forum. Stay tuned.

Hall of Famer

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:35 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,949
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

While the blog features aren't implemented yet... are they backed up in a state that you will eventually be porting them over?

And I never thought I'd say this, but I'm also gonna miss the smilies/emojies we had here on the old forums.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
While the blog features aren't implemented yet... are they backed up in a state that you will eventually be porting them over?

And I never thought I'd say this, but I'm also gonna miss the smilies/emojies we had here on the old forums.

Currently the blog posts are ported into regular threads in a subforum called 'Have you seen'. I plan to eventually get an integrated blog system on the new forum, which will look similar to this:

https://demos.xenaddons.com/blogs/

Now that you mention it, I didnt even notice that the smilies didnt carry over. I will try to add them later today.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-05-2021, 02:53 PM
Loving Mysidia!

Credits: 26,498
Micolai is on a distinguished road

Oh my gosh, Famer it's gorgeous! I'm so excited and I just got logged in. My login worked just fine.
Old 06-05-2021, 03:50 PM

Thats great to know, the users have all reported to be able to log in properly. Did you try making a post yet? Hopefully its not trying to stop you, since I aint sure the permissions were set all correctly, will have to see for this in future.

I've managed to import the blogs properly, though the project tools(bug trackers) will be gone. I will make a separate subforum for bug report on the new forum, and the threads will simply be normal threads.

Also lemme know if anything on the old forum is missing on the new forum.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:22 PM
Loving Mysidia!

It let me post, yes! I'm not sure if any threads are missing though.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:37 AM

I saw your post, and it looks fine. Kyttias reported that replying to thread on new forum is unusually slow compared to on the old forum, which makes me wonder. Did you find it slow when posting a thread?

Old 06-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Loving Mysidia!

No, it was super fast for me.

I did a reply and it took two seconds for me, and the like button on a post took what felt like a long time, but it easy probably five seconds.

Last edited by Micolai; 06-06-2021 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:31 AM

I see, thanks for your feedback. I will test this myself later again, and see what problem Kyttias may be having.

Old 06-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Loving Mysidia!

If it helps, I'm running a HP Pavilion 690 Gaming Desktop, Intel Core i5-9400F NVIDIA 8GB RAM.