Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Newcomer Center

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 PM
I program.

Credits: 7,800
Tony is on a distinguished road
Default I came everywhere.

I recently started writing a adoptable petsite from scratch when I came across this. Thank God for this, now I don't have to waste my time.
(:
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 31,863
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

Welcome Tony! Why not post a little bit more about yourself? Ice breakers are fun. :)

I'm Kaeliah, one of the Coders on the Development Team for the Mysidia Adoptables. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 PM
I program.

Mmmkay :D I'm 19 and I love programming! Specifically php and mysql! I like to play video games online and console and I've recently gotten into actual webdesign. (using photoshop and etc.) Umm. I'm a simple guy who likes to have fun and I hate drama + people who take things wayyy too seriously. Not much more to me. I'm a simple guy who likes to laugh.

You're a dev? awesome, you guys did great work! The code is surprisingly readable and epic for it not to be object oriented. Great job!

Last edited by Tony; 01-31-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Premium Member

The original code was written by a different guy, Brandon. But then one of our Admins, Famer, purchased the code from him and relaunched the project. The Development staff is made up of coders who add mods and expand the code and artists who make themes.

I actually learned to code PHP and MySQL from this script, so I'm especially fond of it. The community is new, and contribution based, meaning the more contribute, the more you get back from the community(if that's what your interested in).

On a more personal level, Hi! It's nice to meet you. I'm a kinda spazzy, almost-18(33 DAYS)-year-old, jack of everything. I do a little Photoshop, a little pixel art, mostly coding and I also do photography, theme design, writing and video games when I get the chance. I can do HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Javascript and Ajax. I spend most of my time coding or helping other people learn to code. I enjoy video games too and I actually got away from the drama by attending a cyber school. Where I get to learn all the programming, web design and game design I want! Yay! I'm an oddball, I warn you.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:40 AM
I program.

Oh my I like oddballs :D and wow, ajax and js? I actually skipped learning JS and have been wanting to learn AJAX for ever, but I'm soooo lazy lately. I really should go learn javascript..but I have 0 motivation :D...I've tried once, but got bored half way through. I don't know why I find it so boring, I just do!

You help people learn to code? Me too :D I even have a youtube tutorial channel :P and I'm actually working on a theme now! I doubt i'll release it though, it's wayyyyy too sloppy. Css is my worse trait yet. It's too demanding for me. You're in college? I'm starting in march! Taking a web design course If that goes well, I might even do a little c++. Who knows? Sorry about the time it took to reply, I was programming x3
Old 02-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,385
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Mysidia Adoptables Tony. This is Hall of Famer, the current owner of this script and admin on this forum. Its good to see another coder here, someone with better skills than me.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:46 AM
I program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Welcome to Mysidia Adoptables Tony. This is Hall of Famer, the current owner of this script and admin on this forum. Its good to see another coder here, someone with better skills than me.
Hiya! Since I have you, can I ask you a question? If I redo the theme, do I still need to include:Theme by Sessions Street?

I don't have a problem with it, just wondering.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,385
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well this depends on whether you use hers as a base theme. You do not need to credit anyone if you create a theme completely from scratch.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:47 AM
I program.

Okie doke, thanks.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhh View Post
Oh my I like oddballs :D and wow, ajax and js? I actually skipped learning JS and have been wanting to learn AJAX for ever, but I'm soooo lazy lately. I really should go learn javascript..but I have 0 motivation :D...I've tried once, but got bored half way through. I don't know why I find it so boring, I just do!

You help people learn to code? Me too :D I even have a youtube tutorial channel :P and I'm actually working on a theme now! I doubt i'll release it though, it's wayyyyy too sloppy. Css is my worse trait yet. It's too demanding for me. You're in college? I'm starting in march! Taking a web design course If that goes well, I might even do a little c++. Who knows? Sorry about the time it took to reply, I was programming x3
JS is pretty similar to PHP actually so it was easy for me to learn. I've learned Ajax, but haven't started programming in it yet so we'll see how that goes. Yeah I've got a couple tutorials up and I answer questions when people have them. I also do custom coding. CSS is one of those things where you google the codes for. XD At least that's how I do it sometimes because I can never remember if a . or a # is for dividers or tables or class or id or whatever. I never thought about a youtube channel but I've got too many projects going to make videos XD And not in college yet, next fall. I have to graduate high school first(stupid high school). My web design course is easy... The way my schoolwork is set up, I can view ALL the assignments for the semester, and I looked at the assignment for the final and I could do it now... and we've only been in the semester for a week. So I added game design to my courses. I'm actually going to college to be a math teacher and maybe later or at the same time minor in technology. I've already managed to become a freelance programmer. It's awesome to have another coder here!