Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Newcomer Center

Notices

Old 10-22-2020, 07:12 AM

Credits: 2,843
himarry is on a distinguished road
Default hello

im brand new to this and was wondering how to the websites art. and how to accredit mysidia, i havent made the website yet but i would like to know before i do make it because i dont want to get into legal trouble. also is it hard to upkeep if you have no experiance in coding? my dad is gonna start teaching me but i kinda wanted to start to build the site in the next week to month.

thanks anyone that can help!
Old 10-22-2020, 10:41 AM
The awesomesauce

Credits: 32,831
Ittermat is on a distinguished road

Apologies, not 100% sure what your asking..but I'll try to answer

1. Are you planning to do your own art or hire an artist? artists can cost money unless they're willing to do something free to help out- but dont rely on that. I'd honestly save money so you can pay for help.

2. If you use Mysidias framework they have a credit at the bottom of the page.

3. A virtual pet site is work.. it will always be work. It can be fun work- (I enjoy doing my site alot) but its alot of upkeep, alot of thinking of ideas, alot of coding, and alot of stuff. Its always better to know how to at least code basics. Because otherwise how will you know what you're looking at?

Either way good luck!
Old 10-22-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ittermat View Post
Apologies, not 100% sure what your asking..but I'll try to answer

1. Are you planning to do your own art or hire an artist? artists can cost money unless they're willing to do something free to help out- but dont rely on that. I'd honestly save money so you can pay for help.

2. If you use Mysidias framework they have a credit at the bottom of the page.

3. A virtual pet site is work.. it will always be work. It can be fun work- (I enjoy doing my site alot) but its alot of upkeep, alot of thinking of ideas, alot of coding, and alot of stuff. Its always better to know how to at least code basics. Because otherwise how will you know what you're looking at?

Either way good luck!
thanks for the advice, my dads gonna teach me to code, my sister does art and where all kinda making it together.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:05 AM
Loving Mysidia!

Credits: 26,505
Micolai is on a distinguished road

Automatically in the Mysidia framework you install or have installed, credits itself. So as long as you don't remove that you're good. It's at the bottom of your site in the footer.

It'll be hard to upkeep your site if your site ends up getting popular, because the more popular the site, the more help you need like getting moderators or admins, etc. But other than that if you have time on your hands and depending on what your plans are, it's not hard to upkeep, no because Mysidia framework really hands you most the tools you need for a simple adoptable game. So it is very user friendly to unexperienced coders. You don't have to be a coder really to have a simple Mysidia adoptables pet game. But if you start wanting specific things, that's where it gets difficult because you'll either need to know coding, or someone who does, or pay someone to do the code for you and unfortunately right now, it seems Mysidia is lacking coders willing to help pretty bad and the ones that do help are so busy that it can take awhile to get things done. So it'll be helpful your dad knowing coding. You need to know HTML, CSS, and PHP primarily to code things but there are some Javascript, depending on what you are wanting to do.

I will say don't expect to have the site ready in a week or a month though. Because you need to go in and customize the framework to you, make the site look how you want it. Then have all your art ready for your adoptables and if you have items, etc. Art can take awhile to make and put into the system. Also, say you do get all that done pretty fast, you'll want to then do alpha testing. That's where you or who helps you make the site tests everything yourselves before you start getting beta testers. Beta testers are people generally that are friend or strangers that test the game and look for loop holes or errors and give you their findings. After you correct everything based on feedback, then you're finally ready for launch to public.

I personally only know HTML and CSS, and know how to install certain mods and manipulate certain systems and I've had a lot of help from a few members. So I am willing to lend a helping hand in the stuff I know I can help with. I already help two other Mysidia users with their websites in my free time and I myself have two websites in development right now. Wild Horse Tracks and Dino Tracks. I am planning on trying to go to college for a web programming bachelors degree too, but right now I'm a stay-at-home mom and my baby takes up most my time so college isn't an option right now.

Anyway, feel free to message me!
Old 10-26-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micolai View Post
Automatically in the Mysidia framework you install or have installed, credits itself. So as long as you don't remove that you're good. It's at the bottom of your site in the footer.

It'll be hard to upkeep your site if your site ends up getting popular, because the more popular the site, the more help you need like getting moderators or admins, etc. But other than that if you have time on your hands and depending on what your plans are, it's not hard to upkeep, no because Mysidia framework really hands you most the tools you need for a simple adoptable game. So it is very user friendly to unexperienced coders. You don't have to be a coder really to have a simple Mysidia adoptables pet game. But if you start wanting specific things, that's where it gets difficult because you'll either need to know coding, or someone who does, or pay someone to do the code for you and unfortunately right now, it seems Mysidia is lacking coders willing to help pretty bad and the ones that do help are so busy that it can take awhile to get things done. So it'll be helpful your dad knowing coding. You need to know HTML, CSS, and PHP primarily to code things but there are some Javascript, depending on what you are wanting to do.

I will say don't expect to have the site ready in a week or a month though. Because you need to go in and customize the framework to you, make the site look how you want it. Then have all your art ready for your adoptables and if you have items, etc. Art can take awhile to make and put into the system. Also, say you do get all that done pretty fast, you'll want to then do alpha testing. That's where you or who helps you make the site tests everything yourselves before you start getting beta testers. Beta testers are people generally that are friend or strangers that test the game and look for loop holes or errors and give you their findings. After you correct everything based on feedback, then you're finally ready for launch to public.

I personally only know HTML and CSS, and know how to install certain mods and manipulate certain systems and I've had a lot of help from a few members. So I am willing to lend a helping hand in the stuff I know I can help with. I already help two other Mysidia users with their websites in my free time and I myself have two websites in development right now. Wild Horse Tracks and Dino Tracks. I am planning on trying to go to college for a web programming bachelors degree too, but right now I'm a stay-at-home mom and my baby takes up most my time so college isn't an option right now.

Anyway, feel free to message me!
my dad is a teacher of coding but he gave me a website to go throw since he doesnt really have the time https://www.w3schools.com/ im gonna use mysidia untel i atleast understand what im building and i hope to know everything i need to before the site gets to big, honestly i think if i had a year i could figure out all the coding. my sister and brother also know how to code, i feel like the dumb one in the family lol.