Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 12:16 PM

Credits: 17,015
Kesstryl is on a distinguished road
Default Responsive design

In one of the future designs of Mysidia, I think it would be a good idea to implement responsive html and css. This new term is all about making sites scale to the size of a variety of screen sizes from PC to mobile phones. It's already a necessary skill for web designers to have to be competitive, and would be a competitive feature for pet games in general. I'm hoping this will be considered as a major feature to add in a future release.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,695
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

Well it would be easy enough for you yourself to learn how to create a responsive theme...I've looked into the tutorials and free themes that are responsive and it honestly looks fairly simple, to me.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,531
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Umm thats actually an interesting idea to consider, I will talk to Nyxi by the time we begin Mys v1.4.0's development. For now I am busy wrapping Mys v1.3.3, which should be available about 2 weeks from now.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:42 PM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,125
Tequila is on a distinguished road

Yay, I get to go and learn new things... Maybe this will break me from this horrid creative block I've been having...

(It's sad, the only creative things I've done recently are related to Gaming and MtG...)

Edit found a good resource over at http://www.responsivegridsystem.com/ and downloaded it. Hope to play with it tomorrow when D3 is down and I'm not deckbuilding...

Last edited by Tequila; 03-04-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Credits: 17,015
Kesstryl is on a distinguished road

Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abronsyth View Post
Well it would be easy enough for you yourself to learn how to create a responsive theme...I've looked into the tutorials and free themes that are responsive and it honestly looks fairly simple, to me.
Yup I agree, but Mysidia's target will include a lot of people who are non-programmers, and it would be better for them and also the future of Mysidia to be competitive with this feature already built in. Also even in html something that seems simple can very quickly blow up as it can for any program, especially for inexperienced programmers. I'm definitely not experienced enough to do this on a program as complex as Mysidia. I am trying to learn it, but for another much simpler browser game I'm working on which is ten times easier to pick apart than Mysidia.

Quote:
found a good resource over at http://www.responsivegridsystem.com/ and downloaded it. Hope to play with it tomorrow when D3 is down and I'm not deckbuilding...
Thanks for posting that, this is exactly what I've been looking for! Most tuts I've come across already assume one is very proficient in html/css, the one you linked is great for less experienced people like me.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,125
Tequila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesstryl View Post
Cool!

Yup I agree, but Mysidia's target will include a lot of people who are non-programmers, and it would be better for them and also the future of Mysidia to be competitive with this feature already built in. Also even in html something that seems simple can very quickly blow up as it can for any program, especially for inexperienced programmers. I'm definitely not experienced enough to do this on a program as complex as Mysidia. I am trying to learn it, but for another much simpler browser game I'm working on which is ten times easier to pick apart than Mysidia.

Thanks for posting that, this is exactly what I've been looking for! Most tuts I've come across already assume one is very proficient in html/css, the one you linked is great for less experienced people like me.
No problem... ;3 My google-fu is rather good somedays, others well... ;3