Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Addons and Modifications > Mys v1.3.x Mods

Notices

Old 12-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,002
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

^^ It's quite fun! The program has got the dumbest name, LICEcap.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:05 AM

Credits: 5,299
Glow is on a distinguished road

Uhmm sorry but I have some troubles, I am still unable to install this alchemy thing. I have created the tables already and downloaded the file, and have not done any other Mods to the site as of yet, any help or reasons why it did not work?
Old 01-09-2015, 11:01 PM
ChibiFur Queen

Credits: 3,686
AndromedaKerova is on a distinguished road

I'm having a problem with this mod. After adding it, using an item on a pet just leads to a pure white /uses page.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:23 PM

Credits: 5,372
Phoeniix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well I've had the idea of working on an alchemy system since the initial Mys v1.3.0 release, but did not carry out for numerous reasons. Now I finally decided to give it a try and it took me only about 4-5 hours.

The idea of Alchemy is to mix two or more old items(called ingredients) to create a new item, which is normally rarer and more valuable(otherwise it does not justify the economics lol). The Alchemy Mod allows you to achieve just that, you can create some items that are rare or even impossible to obtain without performing alchemy. This will make your site considerably more interesting to a good number of your users, it also offers incentives for the act of item collection.

Below is a screenshot of the basic alchemy page, which allows you to choose two items to produce a new one. Note at this time being only two items can be used to produce a new item, there is no way to mix more than two:

This mod also comes with ACP integration, in which the admins can create alchemy practices that allow users to create new items from the old ones. Admins can also manipulate the settings for Alchemy System on their sites. The entire system can be turned on/off at will, while admins can specify whether alchemy success chance is 100% always or less. Other settings such as cost of action, recipe/license requirement for performing alchemy are also configurable.

To install the mod, simply run the installer script located at yoursite.com/install/alchemy.php. If your site is in a subdirectory, just change the example url accordingly. I assume you all know what I mean by this so I wont explain further.

If you have a brand new site or have never ever modified any part of the script, you may simply download the .rar file I provided and uploading them to your server through ftp. If the only changes you made are the mods I've offered lately(gender ratio and item drop), you may give a try just uploading the files as well as good chance my mods are compatible with each other.

However, for advanced users who have heavily modified sites, you will need to make some changes manually. I will post a brief description on how to do that in the next post.

At last, I hope you enjoy the new mod I've made for Mys v1.3.4, unlike the old ones like gender ratio which were simply revised to be compatible with the new version. You can edit the alchemy system to as you wish, maybe altering its user interface or adding more functionality(such as multiple item mix rather than just two), its all up to you.

Hall of Famer
I am having some trouble with the alchemy mod.
I unzipped the folder and put install/alchemy.php and its a blank screen
Old 03-30-2015, 03:35 PM
Explorer of Imaginea

Credits: 5,474
cailynmae is on a distinguished road

I ran the installer script and got:
Warning: require(../inc/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Warning: require(../inc/config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php53/lib/php') in /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Any idea what's going on?
Old 03-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,002
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Have you attempted the fix already posted inside this thread? That is, manually installing? Read through the entire thread before proceeding and then if that doesn't work, come back. I don't use this mod myself but I can try to help but only if you've already tried the help already posted.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Explorer of Imaginea

Credits: 5,474
cailynmae is on a distinguished road

Okay, I did the whole super-manual thing, and it seemed to work. But then I went to the alchemy page, and got this:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'LanguageException' with message 'Language var alchemy_title does not exist.' in /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/classes/class_language.php:68 Stack trace: #0 /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/view/inventoryview.php(162): Language->__get('alchemy_title') #1 /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/classes/class_frontcontroller.php(100): InventoryView->alchemy() #2 /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/index.php(74): FrontController->render() #3 /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/index.php(78): IndexController::main() #4 {main} thrown in /home2/luteus/public_html/imaginea.net/caveofcrystals/classes/class_language.php on line 68

I then went in and added this to the bottom of /lang/lang_inventory.php:
Code:
$lang['alchemy_title'] = "Welcome to the Alchemy Service";
$lang['alchemy'] = "Here you can use the powerful alchemy system to merge two of your items to produce a new item, whether brand new or not. 
                    Fill in the form below to start using this service we offer, you may find plenty of surprises!";
$lang['alchemy_choose'] = "To begin with, select the first ingredient item from the list: ";
$lang['alchemy_choose2'] = "Now select the second ingredient item from the list: ";
$lang['alchemy_disabled'] = "Unfortunately the admin has disabled the Alchemy System for this site, you may send him/her a message for more information.";
$lang['alchemy_success'] = "Congratulations!";
$lang['alchemy_newitem'] = "You have successfully produced a new item "; 
$lang['alchemy_newitem2'] = " by using Alchemy, sweet isnt it? You may now manage it in your inventory, or continue to use the alchemy system.";
$lang['alchemy_invalid'] = "The specified item combination is invalid, it does not produce a new item...";
$lang['alchemy_empty'] = "You have not entered two valid items for doing alchemy.";
$lang['alchemy_insufficient'] = "You do not have the necessary items for producing a new item through alchemy.";
$lang['alchemy_chance'] = "The alchemy fails! How unfortunate, maybe you wanna try again with better effort?";
$lang['alchemy_cost'] = "Apparently you do not have enough money to afford the alchemy service, please come back later.";
$lang['alchemy_license'] = "You appear to lack the license required to perform alchemy, please make sure you have the license in your inventory first.";
$lang['alchemy_recipe'] = "It seems that you do not have the recipe to produce an item from the two selected items.";
$lang['alchemy_usergroup'] = "Unfortunately, the admin has specified that only certain users can perform alchemy, you may consult him/her by sending a message.";
There is something missing in the manual install thing, but I found a fix in case someone had this problem. Everything else seems to be working fine, thankfully.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:48 AM

Credits: 10,748
draugluin is on a distinguished road

I need a little bit help please.

I would like to show the image, which item the users have produced.
What have I change ?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2015, 12:13 PM
Aspiring

Credits: 10,909
Nieth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nieth

As a continuation from my other thread,

I had sorta figured that making the mod diverse would be a bit more complex so we came up with a work around.

One more question, is there a way to make the mod not care about the order the items are inserted into it? Like for example if there's a crafting recipe that calls for:

Item1, Item2

or

Item1, Item1, Item2

How can I make it so that it will create the item if you put in:

Item2, Item1

or

Item2, Item1, Item2

As the mod is currently set up the items have to be inserted in the exact same order as it was created in the acp.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,635
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

I think the mod already handles items in reverse order. So if Item 1/Item 2 works, Item2/Item 1 should work too. Are you sure it doesnt work for you?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.