View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 09:42 AM

Credits: 16,335
parayna is on a distinguished road

Hi! I have installed 1.3.5 on a new server (I'm using wamp at the moment just for playing around with the script) and I've run into an issue relating to alt forms when adopting an adopt. I've not altered the adopt.php file at all and I compared it to the file from a new download of 1.3.5 and they're both the same.

I was going to add in Kyttias' know gender before naming when I noticed the issue. (To test things I reverted the file back to my backup - so I think the name mod isn't the issue)

Basically when I go through to adopt something it throws an error relating to getAltStatus in adopt.php. On this site I've only made changes to the CSS and in class_template where I added stuff to make a smarty sidebar so I don't know where the issue stems from. :/ I haven't gotten around to making any other changes yet lol.

Spoiler: Image 

I also have an issue with adding alt forms in adminCP. I was trying to see if adding an alt form would help (as I created a new adopt to test things anyway) but when I go to add the alt form in I can't edit them in adminCP. They don't show up when I click to edit alternate form. The table is just blank. But if I check my database adopts_alternates I can see the alts in there just fine. However, they don't affect my adoptables at all... I set a few alts at 100 chance to be applied and it didn't work

Spoiler: Empty Alts Table 

Spoiler: Database Table 

I also reverted all my files to an earlier backup just in case and that didn't work.

Appreciate any insight, thank you!
It's been a long time. I had so much fun making a site back in 2016 that recently, when I started thinking about it again, I decided to come back and work on something small. It'll probably just be a personal project but who knows? We'll see, anyway.