Thread: Mys 1.3.4 Alchemy Mod
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 04:23 PM

Credits: 5,446
Phoeniix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well I've had the idea of working on an alchemy system since the initial Mys v1.3.0 release, but did not carry out for numerous reasons. Now I finally decided to give it a try and it took me only about 4-5 hours.

The idea of Alchemy is to mix two or more old items(called ingredients) to create a new item, which is normally rarer and more valuable(otherwise it does not justify the economics lol). The Alchemy Mod allows you to achieve just that, you can create some items that are rare or even impossible to obtain without performing alchemy. This will make your site considerably more interesting to a good number of your users, it also offers incentives for the act of item collection.

Below is a screenshot of the basic alchemy page, which allows you to choose two items to produce a new one. Note at this time being only two items can be used to produce a new item, there is no way to mix more than two:

This mod also comes with ACP integration, in which the admins can create alchemy practices that allow users to create new items from the old ones. Admins can also manipulate the settings for Alchemy System on their sites. The entire system can be turned on/off at will, while admins can specify whether alchemy success chance is 100% always or less. Other settings such as cost of action, recipe/license requirement for performing alchemy are also configurable.

To install the mod, simply run the installer script located at yoursite.com/install/alchemy.php. If your site is in a subdirectory, just change the example url accordingly. I assume you all know what I mean by this so I wont explain further.

If you have a brand new site or have never ever modified any part of the script, you may simply download the .rar file I provided and uploading them to your server through ftp. If the only changes you made are the mods I've offered lately(gender ratio and item drop), you may give a try just uploading the files as well as good chance my mods are compatible with each other.

However, for advanced users who have heavily modified sites, you will need to make some changes manually. I will post a brief description on how to do that in the next post.

At last, I hope you enjoy the new mod I've made for Mys v1.3.4, unlike the old ones like gender ratio which were simply revised to be compatible with the new version. You can edit the alchemy system to as you wish, maybe altering its user interface or adding more functionality(such as multiple item mix rather than just two), its all up to you.

Hall of Famer
I am having some trouble with the alchemy mod.
I unzipped the folder and put install/alchemy.php and its a blank screen