View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 10:18 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,275
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by parayna View Post
I've been having an issue with the alts too, and on a brand new 1.3.5 website set up on mysidiahost. I'd been having an issue with it on my wamp site too, even with a fresh install to check if I'd done something wrong. It throws this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Adoptable::getAltStatus() in /home/beanpets/public_html/adopt.php on line 32

So I checked adopt.php and there is this line on line 32:

$alts = $adopt->getAltStatus();

But from what I can see this is never defined in class_adoptable so I think the error is because it doesn't know what it means? If I delete that line the error goes away and allows me to adopt things, but any alt form I set in adminCP doesn't get applied so that's not a proper fix lol

Actually the fix is indeed to delete the line 32. I tested it on my demo site and it worked for me when generating alternate forms when leveling up. If you see that it never gets alt form at level 0, this is because alt form no longer exists for level 0(egg stage). When an adoptable levels up, it will check the available alt forms and selects one according to the criteria. Since theres no level-up at level 0, the level 0 can only have a primary form. I hope this explains things, your adoptables will have proper alt forms if you set them for level 1 and beyond.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.