Credits: 268
rainbelly
Default RE: Custom Profile Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrun
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbelly
This is really helpful! Thanks so much. (:

However, when I clicked on the link to my account and then view profile, it brought me to a page of members. That was fine and everything but when I clicked on one of the members, it went to this URL:

/profile.php?user=admin

And nothing changed. Isn't it supposed to go to profile2.php?user=admin? Because I tried that, and then it said:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /profile2.php on line 163

That's the line that says this:

<b><u>".$usersname."'s Pets:</u></b><br><br>";

So then I tried taking out all of the brackets in that line. Then it said this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home2/flared/public_html/rusnak/adoptables/profile2.php on line 173

Yeah. I don't want to go any farther, because I am probably already confusing you. I certainly confused myself!

Thanks for any help you can offer. (:
Well did you follow the instructions step by step?

Because for one, I don't remember having the Pets within the profile page.
Secondly, do you have to files that say, profile? well one should say profile2.php
If you don't, that is your error, right there, you need to make sure your memberlist is on the page titled 'profile.php and that the actual profile, is on the page entitled profile2.php

And then, from then on, any link that is suppose to go to a profile, make sure it says profile2.php.
Okay, thanks so much!

I did the profile2.php page again, and it shows up. I also changed the link on the profile.php to profile2.php so now it works. So yeah, everything works. :]

Is there any way to make it so if someone does not enter CSS, we can make a default one? Thank you!