View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 12:45 AM

Credits: 4,966
bobbybig is on a distinguished road
Default Bobby in code creativity (prt 1)

So you got to ask yourself what this seemly new guy showing up here has some sprites and knows a bit of temple code and art design for temples; what might he know about other areas.

Well this does seem like a general game development area, and if this is the wrong place for me to post this I do apologize in advance and welcome the topic move to where it will do the most good.

I have been following this code source intently for the past few years from its humble and creative beginnings to its more progressive and improved state that it is today.

I have been toying with a bit of code that I wanted to implement on my own site, but I also wanted to be able to easily shoe horn this code into any site without all the php page changes and class file maneuvering. I didn't even want any database injection to need to go on.

Now I am reluctant to say just exactly what this little pet project has been but here I am and here I am prepping this text to post so I had better say something witty to make it worth your read time.

I am working on a site map layout and by "map" I mean the truest form of the word in a gaming site environment. We are talking treasure map with all the bells and whistles from links to pop up menus and direction. I am going to incase the whole thing in a js drop down from the top of the site, and if not too much trouble a menu link to free standing page. (using template features).

It might have been tried or talked about here before, or maybe even done and done well. I am not sure. It is not a topic I have seen any talk on, but I am less than a week away from beta tests of it, and I must say that I am excited at the progress I have made towards its completion.

just a little bit more creativity and my eye to detail and I will be rolling out a demo in my next template I release.

I hope someone will be interested in this kind of project.

sample of the map for testing. image is 50% actual size

click and hover over menu math done 04-21-2013

Last edited by bobbybig; 04-21-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added menu sample pic