View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:12 AM

Credits: 10,735
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

Let me clear a few things up. :)

First off, the site will continue to run as normal. It was only down due to a server issue, which we have every so often. I would have moved the server a long time ago, however it's more of a technical limitation thing than a money thing, as we could afford to move to a better server, it's just it would probably take a few days in a row to accomplish this task, with the moving of the database and the transferring of the domain name to the new server. Unfortunately I haven't had a few free days in a long time to babysit the site transfer process. I am currently overpaying for my current server because it is fully managed, meaning I have better support, but if you know what you're doing you can save by getting a self-managed server at prob half the cost.

Also, I'm not dead set on selling and it would be sad to see the site go. That said, I do realize that I don't have enough time for the site anymore since I am working 40 hours a week. I would ideally love to sell the site to someone who wishes to improve the site and continue what I started. I don't think it's right to give it away, though, since it does make money through the ad revenue. The site last year made over $3,000 and I anticipate it could make more than that in a year IF someone has the time to get the server issue worked out and do some new coding for the site. Unfortunately I don't have this time anymore, so I've unfortunately been doing the minimum to keep the site online. That's why I haven't added a new feature in months, time, although I would love to add more if I wasn't working.

My price for the site is not set in stone, but I would still like to get something for the site as it is a decent money maker once the server is upgraded. It has consistently brought in more than enough to pay for server costs and it has been nice to have an extra hundred or two dollars every month from the ads.

If you have any questions just let me know. :)
BMR777