View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 335,061
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clessidra View Post
•What about an option to earn avatars randomly or when acquiring certain items/pets (or, using certain items or leveling a pet to a certain level/stat).
umm this... I dont quite get you, how do you 'earn' an avatar? Default avatars should be available for everyone to use, even if they aint the users will figure out their image url so long as one user is using that avatar anyway. But its possible to allow users to earn items/pets randomly, I will think about how this can be done.

Quote:
•The ability to use an item to change a pet's color/race/gender.
Its already possible to change the adoptable's form through items, if this is what you mean by 'color'. The race thing is sorta like evolution items, I will make it for Mys v1.4.0 too. Not sure for gender though, its kinda weird thought that gender can be changed after it's set lol.

Quote:
•A chatbox would be nice. A live one, I mean. Something like TinyChat? cBox is terrible and Chatango requires outside sign up. Maybe something that can include user's avatars? Maybe an outside source would be willing to make something? -shrug-
umm a chatbox is highly unlikely for Mys v1.4.0 since we wont be using much AJAX at that time. Without AJAX you have to refresh the page to see new messages, although its possible to set a timer for refresh. In future when AJAX is used extensively in the script, I may consider it.

Quote:
•A different way to add people to your friendslist would be nice. All I see is the link under contact information and it's rather hard to find.
Well thats a good idea, I will see where else you can add people to friendlist.

Quote:
•The option to create a shop that can hold both items and pets.
Its possible, although will require the shop system to change dramatically. If I have extra time after completing other decided features for Mys v1.4.0, I will add it.

Quote:
•Option to create different backgrounds for different pages/put a banner on each and every page.
Well if you are talking about custom pages, you are already able to do this. For official pages, it may be difficult. But anyway you can use css to manipulate backgrounds and banners, it shouldnt be difficult.

Quote:
•When you select a pet, have a drop down box to let you select a specific color. Like what Nieth said. Not random, user-selected.
This is just like what the gender thing is about from Neith's post. Like I said before, you probably have to install a plugin to get non-random gender/alt-form to work. There's a good chance that I will make one after releasing Mys v1.4.0, so you can count on that.

Quote:
•The option to change what appears on the 'stats' page. As in what the top pets are and what not.
Well thats totally possible, especially with Mys v1.4.0 having a real stats system. Adoptables may be ranked by more than levels/clicks, you can rank them by HP, Atk, Def, Mag and so on. Would you mind explaining this a bit further? Like what you wanna see from a global stats page?

Quote:
•Premium currency.
Are you talking about multiple-currency system? If so, this is planned for minor releases in Mys v1.4.x series. It may not be available by Mys v1.4.0, but good chance it comes out with Mys v1.4.1, v1.4.2 and so on.

Quote:
The option to install addons from within the ACP. The ones you've made and whatnot. The option to turn them on/off maybe?
Good suggestion, I will make sure at least you can turn plugins on/off in future releases. For installation, well, it may be possible to design a system that handles database alteration, but for scripts you still have to either modify them yourself or upload sample script files to your server. There's no way to design a simple on-click installer that does script modification.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.