Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mys v1.2.x Mods (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Custom design pets (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2194)

Hall of Famer 06-13-2011 01:09 PM

Alright, thanks for understanding. Will you continue to develop this product? And is it going to be completed soon? If so, I will leave it here as it is.

Chibi_Chicken 06-13-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teshia (Post 17046)
It will be a long way off before it could be edited from the admin panel, if at all. We do most of our editing directly in the database, so admin is kinda useless.

well at the moment i am working on the admin panel for custom pet. I need a page that lets me upload images and put the needed info in to a table with as few user errors as i can get.

I have also finished the adoption process, so after a user has picked their color for their pet they can adopt it with the doadopt. it saves the file and inserts it to the owned_adoptables under image url. however most pages when they load the images for the pets they just grab the default image instead of checking for a custom image.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 17051)
Alright, thanks for understanding. Will you continue to develop this product? And is it going to be completed soon? If so, I will leave it here as it is.

I intend to release at least a beta of it; as for completion i can give the estimate of up to 3-4 months. i am focusing a lot of energy to it right now but i have a lot of pending/partial projects that might come up.

Teshia 06-13-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi_Chicken (Post 17060)
well at the moment i am working on the admin panel for custom pet. I need a page that lets me upload images and put the needed info in to a table with as few user errors as i can get.

I have also finished the adoption process, so after a user has picked their color for their pet they can adopt it with the doadopt. it saves the file and inserts it to the owned_adoptables under image url. however most pages when they load the images for the pets they just grab the default image instead of checking for a custom image.

My bad, I thought you didn't like the admin page.

Chibi_Chicken 06-13-2011 04:22 PM

That was when i was working with Rusnak Ver 1 and even then i didnt look at the admin page too much. I have found the admin plug in system will work for the basic add or delete of image layers.

Teshia 06-13-2011 05:30 PM

^^ Very cool. You'll have to show it to me next time I see you.

Nemesis 06-13-2011 09:56 PM

yeah that's pretty neat. Hope to see it as an added standard feature

Kaeliah 06-14-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teshia (Post 17046)
Its a complex script. Your average newbie would get frustrated with it rather quickly. It will be a long way off before it could be edited from the admin panel, if at all. We do most of our editing directly in the database, so admin is kinda useless.

I know what you mean. I have to remember to offer clients who hire me to add admin functions for their new upgrades because I almost prefer doing everything in the phpMyAdmin. XD

Teshia 06-14-2011 01:21 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth. I used to love the admin panel, but after doing everything in the database you really have so much more control.

Cindykt 06-20-2011 03:06 AM

OMG that is so good!

Chibi_Chicken 06-20-2011 04:02 PM

Update:

so i have gotten all of the basic custom pet functions working with the needed php pages: adopt.php, breeding.php doadopt.php levelup.php

their is minor items like displaying the pet on pages like stats.php and myadopts.php (when you click on the individual pet it will show the image) that need to be worked on.

i need to also check and see if the admin functions will bug up any of this as well.

so i can release it soon however i am unsure how i should do that; just have one zip file with all of the modded files, as a fresh install with the mod added to it or a list of were to make the changes in the different files.