Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mys v1.1.x Mods (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   View Active Promocodes Plugin (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1792)

HIddenPanda 01-23-2011 01:06 PM

View Active Promocodes Plugin 1.1 [MAJOR BUG FIX]

2 Attachment(s)
Compatible With: Mysidia Adoptables 1.0 - 1.1.2

This plugin is just a simplified version of my old mod. It can be accessed through the System Settings> Plugins Menu

Just upload both admcodes.php and admcodes_install.php to the main directory. Open up admcodes_install.php (YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT FOR THE INSTALLATION TO WORK!) in your web browser. Then delete it off your server and voila

Edit 1: Bugfix - The code would only show one promo code over and over again, but this fixes that :D

If you already installed this addon All you need to do is replace admcodes.php (Delete if off the server and upload this copy (in the attatchments))

Bloodrun 01-23-2011 09:07 PM

Nicely done Panda. =D This is how Plugins should work.

HIddenPanda 01-23-2011 10:20 PM

Thank you :D, I was always wondering why no one ever took advantage of the Admin Control Panel Plugin page? Wasted page much?

Bloodrun 01-23-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIddenPanda (Post 13405)
Thank you :D, I was always wondering why no one ever took advantage of the Admin Control Panel Plugin page? Wasted page much?

No one ever knew how lol. =P

fadillzzz 01-23-2011 10:54 PM

For some reason, it only loop the first promo code over and over.
Are you aware of this?:cfrown:

Kaeliah 01-24-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

For some reason, it only loop the first promo code over and over.
Are you aware of this?
Is it repeating the adoptable type as well as the promocode?

You may want to replace the loop, give this a try:
PHP Code:

$i=0;
        while(
$i $num){

$article_content $article_content."<tr><td>Adoptable</td><td>".$promocodes['type']."</td><td>".$promocodes['promocode']."</td></tr>";

$i++;
        } 

I don't know if that's the issue or not but that's how almost all the other loops in the script are set up so...

Hall of Famer 01-24-2011 09:21 AM

Honestly I wonder too, it may seem that most coders never really pay much attention to acp. We'd rather directly add/modify script files or mysql tables at this moment, which is another reason why acp needs a serious overhaul. It's quite meaningless if using acp does not give an edge over manipulating phpmyadmin.

Kaeliah 01-24-2011 09:44 AM

I almost never use the ACP so that's why I never discovered the plugin thing. I have started an ACP overhaul project though... >.> more or less for a commission but I can release it here too.

fadillzzz 01-24-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaeliah (Post 13439)
Is it repeating the adoptable type as well as the promocode?

You may want to replace the loop, give this a try:
PHP Code:

$i=0;
        while(
$i $num){

$article_content $article_content."<tr><td>Adoptable</td><td>".$promocodes['type']."</td><td>".$promocodes['promocode']."</td></tr>";

$i++;
        } 

I don't know if that's the issue or not but that's how almost all the other loops in the script are set up so...

Yes, it's repeating the type and the promo code and I already tried that loop before. Didn't work

Kaeliah 01-24-2011 10:06 AM

I think I see the error...

Just replace everything on that page between the End Prepwork and Begin Template with this:

PHP Code:

if($isloggedin == "yes"){

$group getgroup();

$cancp cancp($group);

if(
$cancp == "yes"){

$article_title "Promo Codes";

$article_content "<table width='400' border='1'><tbody><tr><td><b>Type</b></td><td><b>Reward</b></td><td><b>Promo Code</b></td></tr>";

$query "SELECT * FROM " .$prefix "adoptables WHERE whenisavail='promo'";

$result mysql_query($query);

$num mysql_num_rows($result);

$i=0;
        while(
$i $num){

$promocodes = @mysql_result($result,$i,"promocode");

$type = @mysql_result($result,$i,"type");

$article_content $article_content."<tr><td>Adoptable</td><td>".$type."</td><td>".$promocodes."</td></tr>";

$i++;
        }

$article_content $article_content."</tbody></table>";
    }else{

$article_title "Access Denied";

$article_content "Access Denied";

}

The issue is $i is not involved in the array, so it's only reading the first row. I'm not great with arrays so I just reverted it to results...