Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Unable to Login. (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4285)

NobodysHero 11-06-2013 03:49 AM

Unable to Login.

I've been trying to log in all day and it won't do anything. There isn't a error message or weird page that comes up, it does nothing. Followed every instruction, attempted to reinstall it. No idea what's going on. I am using a paid domain on Godaddy.com and have really come to my wits end. It never even asks me for my login for the admin panel. I'm really hoping it's a simple fix. Below are screenshots of what it gives me.

http://i.imgur.com/59MwYLY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B5bp532.jpg

It won't do anything else. That's as far as I can get. I checked the MySQL and it shows I have a username and a password. Tried deleting it and re-registering, but nothing then either. x.x HALP!

MikiHeart 11-06-2013 04:11 AM

This happens sometimes. It's really weird. Try reinstalling again.

NobodysHero 11-06-2013 04:49 AM

I've reinstalled it several times.

IntoRain 11-06-2013 05:16 AM

Create another user in the database. Go to phpMyAdmin and then select your database then go to table users and add a new line. Give it admin priviledges (not sure which group it is). The first user never logins properly for some reason

NobodysHero 11-06-2013 05:36 AM

T_T That didn't work either.

http://i.imgur.com/wiJtSC1.jpg

IntoRain 11-06-2013 05:38 AM

You can't login with the new user either?

NobodysHero 11-06-2013 05:43 AM

Nope. Not one of them. T_T Tried both the new users I made. Also doesn't seem to care if I try to register a new one through the site. Which is strange to me as well.

Hall of Famer 11-06-2013 08:02 AM

If it does not even ask you for admin login, chances are you are logged in already but with a non-admin account. This is what is supposed to happen with most registered users when they accidentally found ur admin control panel URL.

IntoRain 11-06-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodysHero (Post 28258)
Nope. Not one of them. T_T Tried both the new users I made. Also doesn't seem to care if I try to register a new one through the site. Which is strange to me as well.

If you register a new user, it doesn't appear on the database? There might be a communication problem o.o

NobodysHero 11-06-2013 02:29 PM

I'm not logged in. At all. It never ever asked me for a login on the ACP and when I tried to log in to the normal site, it goes back to the login page.

And no, when I try to register using the online stuff, it never makes it to the database.

IntoRain 11-06-2013 02:57 PM

The ACP display that message when you are logged in as a user with no priviledges (as HoF said), that's why we think it's weird it displays that when you aren't associated with any account x.x

If you go to list users on your website, does it display the users you created in the database?

Hall of Famer 11-06-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodysHero (Post 28268)
I'm not logged in. At all. It never ever asked me for a login on the ACP and when I tried to log in to the normal site, it goes back to the login page.

And no, when I try to register using the online stuff, it never makes it to the database.

I see, sorry for the confusion. Yeah, the script will display no permission error message so long as you are not logged in as admin, which includes guests/visitors. Can you try creating a new account, go to PHPMyadmin and make it admin user(set its usergroup to 1 in table prefix.users)?

NobodysHero 11-06-2013 05:31 PM

Is there a reason the url keeps changing to http://mystfell.com/.errordocs/login And regardless of what I type into the url bar, it automatically takes away the www part.

And if I try to view users in the ACP, it gives me this:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Fatal Error: Class Registry either does not exist, or has its include path misconfigured!' in /home/content/72/12074872/html/classes/class_loader.php:83 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Loader->load('Registry') #1 /home/content/72/12074872/html/classes/class_initializer.php(106): spl_autoload_call('Registry') #2 /home/content/72/12074872/html/classes/class_initializer.php(45): Initializer->initialize() #3 /home/content/72/12074872/html/index.php(68): Initializer->__construct() #4 /home/content/72/12074872/html/index.php(78): IndexController::main() #5 {main} thrown in /home/content/72/12074872/html/classes/class_loader.php on line 83

NobodysHero 11-06-2013 05:34 PM

And previously I mentioned I've tried that. Even showed a screencap of it. (Posted below) And I've just tried reinstalling it from the umpteenth time and still no luck. :cfrown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodysHero (Post 28256)
T_T That didn't work either.

http://i.imgur.com/wiJtSC1.jpg

And here's the rest of it.

http://i.imgur.com/Zf2USse.jpg

NobodysHero 11-06-2013 06:53 PM

Also tried a new troubleshooting step. A veered off from my paid domain and tried to use a free one. Use yours suggested x10 hosting. It worked fine there. Not sure why it doesn't like GoDaddy, but I'd still like to try to find a fix, since I've already investing the money in the domain.

Thanks! :hmmm:

Hall of Famer 11-06-2013 09:07 PM

umm so you are saying that it just does not work on godaddy? Strange, one possible explanation is that the password hashing functions are disabled or configured differently for godaddy's PHP? Submit a support ticket to godaddy and ask if the corresponding three password hashing functions are working:

1. md5($password)
2. sha1($password)
3. hash($algorithm, $password)

NobodysHero 11-07-2013 08:02 PM

Wooooooow, Godaddy is taking forever on this response. T_T I am just waiting on their response.

Phoeniix 11-07-2013 11:14 PM

Send a password reset. login with the password it gives you and dont change it.

NobodysHero 11-08-2013 12:07 AM

Won't reset anything. Doesn't acknowledge I've sent anything, made a request, or otherwise. Just goes right back to the blank form. T_T

Hall of Famer 11-08-2013 12:54 AM

umm thats strange, I made sure to test that password reset is working before releasing Mys v1.3.4. Theres a chance that the admin account is not created properly for you when you installed the script on godaddy(as the admin user email may not be set at all).

Anyway there are easier ways to test whether a functionality of PHP is available on your server. Go to the root index.php file for your adoptables directory, and add the following code right after the php opening tag <?php

PHP Code:

$password "0123456789abcdef";
echo 
md5($password);
echo 
sha1($password);
echo 
hash("sha512"$password); 

See if the script actually outputs these password in a hash format, or that it throws a function not found error.

NobodysHero 11-09-2013 01:50 AM

Noting that Godaddy offers two hosting options, linux and windows, which would most likely work best with your site? I had Linux, switched to Windows to see if it'd work better... But I don't think it does. Seems like I have less permissions on Windows, so I switched back.

pachoofoosh 11-09-2013 09:04 AM

What is your php version? I run my site on php 5.3 and the login system works just fine. If your PHP version is lower than that, you could ask your host to update your php version? ^^

Also, it seems that your .htaccess is not functioning correctly, hence the odd behavior with your URL? Does your host support mod_rewrite, and if so, it is enabled? This could be the cause of the url's odd behavior.

Hall of Famer 11-09-2013 05:20 PM

Actually it does work on both Linux and Windows, I think your problem has something to do with godaddy's PHP configuration. Is the login/password problem the only issue you have? Do you happen to encounter any other issues?

NobodysHero 11-13-2013 01:30 PM

Login, registration, and password reset all pretend like nothing is happening.

NobodysHero 11-18-2013 03:28 AM

mod_write is enabled, according to GoDaddy. Also my PHP is 5.3, as yours is. Not sure what the issue is. Able to connect FTP and the install seems to go through. One interesting thing is when it creates the first UN, it doesn't seem to accept the password I give it. It seems to generate a random, long string of characters. Even entering that string in does not grant me access and changing it does nothing as well.

IntoRain 11-18-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NobodysHero (Post 28348)
mod_write is enabled, according to GoDaddy. Also my PHP is 5.3, as yours is. Not sure what the issue is. Able to connect FTP and the install seems to go through. One interesting thing is when it creates the first UN, it doesn't seem to accept the password I give it. It seems to generate a random, long string of characters. Even entering that string in does not grant me access and changing it does nothing as well.

If you are seeing that long string in the database, it's normal, since it prevents the admins from seeing other people's password. The password is enconded.
Creating a new user and giving it admin privileges doesn't work? Because for me the first Admin could never login or reset the password also

Hall of Famer 11-18-2013 08:05 AM

IntoRain is right, the password is encoded in database so you are not supposed to log in with that password anyway. Did u say that you can't even register on your site as a non-admin user?

NobodysHero 11-18-2013 12:04 PM

Correct. When I try to register, it acts as if nothing happened. And no. I've tried creating up to three different logins and none of them can access the site or the ACP.

Hall of Famer 11-18-2013 01:35 PM

I see, thats what makes the problem strange, something that never happened before with Mys v1.3.3 and v1.3.4. To think that your site runs flawlessly on x10hosting, I doubt it has something to do with GoDaddy's PHP configuration. If only I am able to actually log into your FTP and run some test code to figure out what exactly is going wrong.

NobodysHero 11-18-2013 03:19 PM

Well, the option is still available for you to log into my control panel at GoDaddy.com. ^.^ I'd sent you the un and pw for my main acount.

NobodysHero 11-19-2013 03:41 AM

If you have Skype or AIM or even MSN messenger, I'd be happy to be the eyes and hands, with screenshots.

Hall of Famer 11-19-2013 11:23 AM

We'll I don't have time to chat on Skype, but I may give a try using the control panel if there a way to edit files directly in control panel so I don't have to figure out why I can't log into your FTP.

NobodysHero 11-19-2013 05:28 PM

Yeah, they have a file manager in there. Very easy to use.

NobodysHero 11-20-2013 04:14 AM

As an extra troubleshooting step, I tried to to install the previous version, but got the same result. T_T

Hall of Famer 11-20-2013 09:15 AM

Well I guess it just does not work on godaddy then. *sigh* Didnt you say that it runs properly on x10hosting before?

NobodysHero 11-20-2013 02:56 PM

Yes, but I spent money for the godaddy hosting and domain. T_T And when I googled it, appeared that others had used godaddy.

MikiHeart 11-20-2013 07:10 PM

Consider it a hit and miss with the hosting and move over to another provider.

Godaddy is very well known, but it's sucky in my opinion. I hate dealing with them. I just use them as a domain look up.

I highly suggest that you get a hosting account with http://www.arvixe.com/

I've been with them for years, and they're really good. Their support is good, and they always fix any problems I have. They support 100's if not 1,000's of scripts.

Mysidia generally works on it. (I've had the login error once, then reinstalled and it worked). I've had Mysidia running on this host a few times.

You can also change the php version for each folder, so you can have multiple websites on the same host, using different scripts that require different php versions.

They also give you a free domain upon registering. So while you may have the .com now, you can get the .net as well, so if your website becomes popular, no one can register the .net and steal your traffic. (They also have great backup services and free privacy for domain names)

I sound like an ad, I'm sorry. I just really love my host D=

Hall of Famer 11-20-2013 10:01 PM

umm is there a way to move your domain to another hosting service provider? GoDaddy is difficult to work with.

MikiHeart 11-20-2013 10:48 PM

There is. You can transfer a domain name. But it means you have to pay for it to be transferred.

I can't remember how to transfer from Godaddy (I did do it once).

But find your new host, search for your domain in there. It'll tell you it's taken, and there should be an option to click 'transfer'.

They will start the transfer process, but they need to get a special key code thingy. I can't remember what it's called. But you have to get it from GoDaddy. You can send a ticket to either host provider to ask them for more information on transfering.

After that, your domain will be on your new hosting.

or, you could get hosting, and change the DNS to point to it.

if you let me know the host you want to transfer to, I will try to find their transfer practices.

(To transfer files is a little bit harder. Depending on what you have running .But I can find this too)

That's why I like my host, they have so many help articles XD

NobodysHero 11-21-2013 03:58 PM

Ended up cheating. XD GoDaddy offers domain forwarding with masking. So, did that. It works for now. Thanks.