Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Chat (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why do we keep coming back for more? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1777)

RoconzaArt 01-22-2011 04:35 PM

True I play DOMO online religiously but to be realistic I think Nintendo would. In truth I think they could and would make lots of money as free play. They can always charge for other thing trainer custom features, accessories, clothes and more. They could sell items like rare candy and masterballs. Why stop there they could have feature like x2 exp for four, six and 10 hours items. The possibles for Nintendo is limitless. These cash shop features would also be easy to live with out.

DragonTamerChris 01-22-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoconzaArt (Post 13179)
$40 for the same game every year?

So why the hell do we keep coming back to Pokemon? It's the same game only with more bell and whistles. Your always going to get gym badges, your always going to beat the elite four and there will always be some evil team getting in your way. Hell all they ever do is add even more Pokemon making the whole premise of the original game damn near impossible. There are 649 Pokemon how the hell are we going to be able to "catch them all" any more with out mass amounts of cheating?

Ah let's not forget the brilliant Pokemon designs that gave us this!

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...d/4/43/600.png that evolves in to THIS!!!! http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...d/b/ba/601.png

Oh let's not forget stunning Pokemon names like ugh...Oshawott and erh.. Woobat. (I feel dirty just saying them.)

But why am I so looking forward to Black and white!? What kind of bazaar spell does Nintendo have on us that keeps us spending every damn time. Why do we love it so!? What's the magic?

Sometimes catching all 649 Pokemon can be a fun goal. =p But, yes it's quite annoying to catch them all when there are so many. x_x

(The gear evolutions were unneeded, it could have just been a 1 stage Pokemon.)

I think the thing that makes people want to buy the new Pokemon games are the new Pokemon are the new features because they always try a few things new in the next generation.

If you don't like the main games, there are always the spin offs. :p (a little off the main topic but lol)

@Bloodrun, an MMORPG would be great for a pokemon game. :D

RoconzaArt 01-22-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Sometimes catching all 649 Pokemon can be a fun goal. =p But, yes it's quite annoying to catch them all when there are so many. x_x
With features like GTS it makes it better but the GTS in D/P was VERY broken. Why have it so you can ask for legendary Pokémon if you can't trade them. Hopefully Pokémon Global Link will be better. That also leaves legendary Pokémon how do you obtain them legally. Whens the last time Nintendo gave away a mew?

DragonTamerChris 01-22-2011 04:48 PM

True, the legendary pokemon. :s

Remember, the event ones don't really count in the pokedex, but still there is a bunch of non event legendaries that are hard to get outside of that region.

PTGigi 01-22-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

I gave up and decided all Eevee Evos, all Legends, and all my favorite Pokemon was an easier goal XD

Quote:

Whens the last time Nintendo gave away a mew?
I forget exactly but late last year, maybe Nov or Dec? Lvl 5 Mew ftw :veeee:

I love Pokemon, they've added new features, new Pokemon (hate most of them though >.>) but it's an addiction. It's also the "get the all" has been drilled into our minds, we feel compelled to get everything we can. This goes for all major games. My bro buys the newest CoD game every year, we both have also stuck by the Halo series. We even bought Halo Wars which was rather crappy but the point is we still got it. Though for Pokemon I've drawn the line with only the main games (at least one) and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I refuse to get Ranger, Trozei, Box, Ranch, etc. :meow:

RoconzaArt 01-22-2011 06:51 PM

Does ranch even count as a game? I always thought of it as a 3D version of a Pokemon box. You just toss you Pokemon in and watch them randomly wander around.

PTGigi 01-22-2011 06:53 PM

You can get Phione and a couple other Pokemon from it. You can also play with your Pokemon. It's more like a mini game maybe? O.o

The Codfin Keeper 01-22-2011 07:42 PM

Don't forget Rumble! :veeee:

PTGigi 01-22-2011 07:52 PM

And Snap! :BIGO: (I heard they were remaking that? :ooo:) And they made some Pikachu Adventure game or something :coloness:

RoconzaArt 01-22-2011 08:01 PM

I dunno does it even count as a game? I mean all you do you watch your Pokemon play and mess with them still you get bored. To be frank I don't even get why people play aside for the cute factor. I slap it the same pile as Pokemon channel, Pokemon box, Pokemon Dash and Trozei all pointless games that didn't really go any were.

Oh I DO add Pokémon Colosseum,to that list of fail. It's like Pokémon thinks if they make a REAL 3D Pokémon it will some how ruin every thing. Trust me I played that game and HATED IT! It's like the game boy game minus you know ALL THE THINGS THAT MAKE IT FUN. It's was great idea bad execution.