Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 01:28 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 81,217
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road

Oh I know how that goes all to well =) I've angered my members before by having to fix my mistakes. You learn from your mistakes! It's fine, I already re adopted three so I'm good =)

Check out SilvaTales
Old 09-19-2011, 02:27 PM

Credits: 66,341
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

That's why I do open beta. xD That way, my members can help me find glitches.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:36 PM
bruh

Credits: 35,658
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

Oh noes D:

You did something...
Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'gloometh_rats'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/gloometh/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 151
Error connecting to MySQL

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:38 PM

Crap, I saw that earlier, but it went away after awhile. I don't know what's causing it. I haven't edited either of those too much. Some database editing, but only to delete adoptables or stuff like that.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:23 AM
|Ruler of Cats and Rats|

Credits: 3,739
Poppy is on a distinguished road

I love fancy rats, I am getting two for Christmas:3. I was going to create a fancy rat pet site also after my current project. Good job so far, I really love the site!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:47 AM

(sorry for the late reply, was ill and haven't checked my email in ages)

Awesome, it's so rare to find people who love rats. :D This project keeps kinda dying and getting back on it's feet - I can't find people too interested in helping with it. Good luck with your site! ^.^ Thank you. :3
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM

Default Ratties FTW - SUPER NEW PLAN

Okay everyone, here is just a sneak preview of what we hope to do with the site in the future (sometime after 1.3.0 has been released and all of the bug fixes have come through and so on~).

After the bug fixes come out, I'll start building my own site, using Mys as a baseframe and building up from there.

All of these will begin to appear in at LEAST a years' time - at the moment I'm focused on building a solid database of members, items and content using the current graphics I have!

[+] ALL of the rat images (or at least 90%) of them will be redone to be more shaded, better shaped and generally look more like rats. I will actually use reference pictures this time as appose to using my memory!

[+] I will do some custom coding to make the following changes to growth; it will all be time-based, the stages lasting as long as they will in real life, but your rats will depend on surviving these stages by being fed food or "clicks". If your rat doesn't get the required number of clicks by the time the next growth spurt comes around, it will die and you will have a tombstone for a pet. :C

[+] If you buy a rat from a pet store you will get it already with a number of clicks and at a certain stage (stage 2 which is 4 to 8 weeks) because obviously pet stores will not sell you pinkies! You can trade or abandon your babies at any stage. If you breed your rats you will get the whole nine yards so to speak, which will include stage one.

[+] There will be six stages; stage one is 0-4 weeks, stage two is 4-8 weeks, stage three is 8 weeks to 6 monthes, stage four is 6-20 months and stage five is 20-24 monthes. After stage five, you have a "sickness" stage (stage 6) where your rat begins to die. You will have the option to put your rat down at the vet, give treatment to improve its health, make sure it doesn't suffer and there is the small chance your rat will keep going!

[+] Moods, personalities and sickness. I want to add all of these.

[+] Medicine and vets instead of normal "kill" options. Overfeeding can cause problems as well.

[+] As much realism as possible.

So the site might become a bit sad over time, but I'd really like to make all of these possible.

I am still going ahead with the current release strategy, this will just keep going on in the background. I'll show previews of the new rats from time to time, but coding won't start for ages.

So, what does everyone think?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:01 PM
I am your Nemesis.

I think if you do real times like that you aren't going to have many people interested in your site :/ Most people don't have the time to invest in keeping something alive for that long. Just saying from experience. I've never done anything that lasted that long, but my members would never wait around that long for a pet to grow.

Check out SilvaTales
Old 01-25-2012, 12:10 PM

hmm... I guess that is a good point... I always liked long-term pets with growth, but perhaps others won't.

Do you know if most people enjoy the clicking as appose to the time?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I am your Nemesis.

My members seem to enjoy the clicking as that way they can basically control the time it takes to grow a pet. It's a cute idea to make it seem natural, but people are more into growing them quickly so they can continue to collect them.

Check out SilvaTales