Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Webmasters Area

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 04:28 PM

Credits: 48,350
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Default 99webs

http://99webs.info has had some changes done to it. All customers have been added to the 99webs Unlimited plan and their first month will be covered for them to decide what to do. We now only offer two packages and have gone totally unlimited. Both packages are fully unlimited and the only difference is how you wish to pay for them.

First you can pay 1.99 and get premium forum membership so you won't be bothered with ads. And second you can get unlimited hosting free if you post on our forums 20 times a month, which isn't hard.

Originally my mission was not to do this, as you should know keeping an unlimited promise is impossible and I would have to move your site if it becomes a problem for our other customers. However we are fully prepared to manage this and not screw any of our customers.

So why are we doing this? Many people have no idea what bandwidth is and how much space and transfer they need. I had people arguing that $7.99 for unlimited at hostgator was a better price than $1.99 for 1gb space and 5gb transfer and this is a static site with few cat pictures paypal link and a hit counter that said 2000 a month. so its better for people to just understand unlimited for $1.99. Also I had requests for custom packages which would be hard to manage so many packages. 100mb disk 10gb bandwidth which was not a package etc....

This does tie in with our goal to give people a web hosting experience as it is confusing. And we are gonna try and simplify, not take advantage. Having to boot someone off our server should never be a problem as if it does fill it up we will just acquire another and so forth. The only problem would be cpu and ram at which point your done with shared hosting anyway as with all hosts its time to move and we can help.

Our next step is to begin partnering with developers. We will link and feature their scripts in return we should be a featured host for their script users. This way i think we can have a great relationship among users, developers, and server managers. As you don't see 000webs for example on these boards. So Hall of Famer this is up to you can a deal be made and worked out?

Also our host is new and we want to prove ourselves. If you want to try us risk free just ask, and the P2H will be manually passed until forum is more active but do try.

Gosh sorry for long read but thank you!

Last edited by Nemesis; 05-14-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:41 PM

forgot to update this.

I have looked into acquiring another server for you guys that want to resell exactly like we do. For $4.99 you get unlimited reseller account to sell cpanel hosting with all the same features. This server will only be for resellers and have 10-20 using it as not to oversellSmile This is shared hosting so the only restraint will be cpu/ram, so any of your clients running extensive scripts or huges sites will be kindly asked to move.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 31,865
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

Gah that sounds tempting too. Especially for a techy person like me he knows how to fix PHP and MySQL errors. Offering hosting for sites who want to use the script(somewhat like MyAdopts) paid for by ads. hmmm. I need to focus on one project at a time though so this idea will have to be placed on the backburner. But still cool. :D
Old 05-28-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeliah View Post
Gah that sounds tempting too. Especially for a techy person like me [who] knows how to fix PHP and MySQL errors. Offering hosting for sites who want to use the script(somewhat like MyAdopts) paid for by ads. hmmm. I need to focus on one project at a time though so this idea will have to be placed on the backburner. But still cool. :D
That's how I see it, I can set up sites and thanks to my school including server costs in tuition I thought why not make back that money

Always too many projects and things to do, i know how you feel
Old 05-29-2011, 02:01 PM

Everyone that is hosting with me needs to back up there sites right now! We will be moving to another server, right before the move I will personally back up everyone's sites and reinstall them myself however your files are not my responsibility and should have your own back ups.

I honestly don't have the full details yet as to why my school wants to transfer me, All I know is they want me on another server for w/e reason. Though I think it has to do with the moving of equipment to the new building. Which is really cool btw, has a virtual reality chamber

I also requested that other resell server, but they said I would need to wait for that to also be set up. I will notify you when my site has moved by then you could right away upload your site if you want it done faster than me moving everyone's. If anyone needs any help in all of this contact me I will help!

The move will need to take place in about a week I'll try and give you guys enough time to make back ups but I'll back up and move for you when I know I have some time to sit down and get it done. Thank you that is all.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:46 PM

The server move is complete! And so far I have encountered no problems! I did not move any site that was using 0mb of disk space so if you login and can't access your cpanel because i didn't move it then contact support!

Also I'd like to apologize for the amount of time i took to move, i did it in two days rather than the one i wanted. Whitch is actually quite fast, but what i really mean is I had locked out all the cpanel passwords to prevent changes but wasn't able to finish in that day in time due to calculus II class and then the quiz.

Contact me via pm/email/skype to get your temp password.

Also we will be activating resell accounts soon, and we no longer support fantastico as I like softacoulous way better and can save some money so we no longer need it.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:50 PM

We had a lot of new sign ups going on during the move of our server so there were lots of accounts 10+ new but with no site updated yet. many asked for site installs/moves but i had to turn them down knowing i was moving. I wasn't able to move accounts with 0mb of disk space used with the THT hosting script so inconveniently they will all have to reorder and create new accounts. my apologies but I am ready for these new clients now and will get their sites up asap!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:38 PM

There was an issue with new accounts being created. this is now resolved, new accounts can be created and will be credited with a free month. Thanks for support.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 PM

Unlimited Resell Hosting is now available on our new server with a month free trial for anyone interested. The link to that package is in our footer called "reseller". It's only $4.99 and can be really profitable or a cheap free host for a community. If you have any questions please contact me.

Note: our only limitation is the cpu and ram, clients exceeding 10% cpu/ram in a 24 hour period will need to upgrade package or move. For now limit is only10 resellers allowed.