Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Tutorials and Tips

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 04:56 PM
.. your friendly geek. c:

Credits: 27,130
Aasixx is on a distinguished road
Default How to: Install MyBB

Well, I know a lot of people want to know how to integrate MyBB to their forums and I recently discovered how to successfully get that to work. I'll be explaining that here. You need to already have Mysidia Adoptables adopts files installed on your site. Gloometh created an amazing video tutorial on how to install it!

* You need to be sure that you have set mybbenabled to 1 in config_forums.php before you do anything!

Installing it onto your File Manager
1) First you need to install the latest version of MyBB here.
2) Next, you need to make sure you have Filezilla downloaded, too. You can download it here. Then you will need winrar. Download it here.
3) Login to your control panel (I'll be using x10hosting as my example. I'm pretty sure whatever is your host is no different from x10) and find . Click it and continue to step 4.
4) Create a new database and call it mybbforum (so, yourusername_mybbforum) and just add your username you created to install the script with to the mybbforum one. Click "All Privileges"
5) You need to go to your File Manger and create a new folder called "forum" to put all of your mybb files into without it getting all mixed up with your Mys script files.
) Next, you need to unzip the mybb files. All you need to do is click "Extract Here" and then it'll open the unzipped files in another winrar window.
6) Open Filezilla. Type in your host's name (NO http:// or www) your username, and password. Leave the "Port" blank and hit "Quick Connect." Open public_html once Filezilla has connected.
7) Find the folder you created called "forum" and drag the "inc" folder into Filezilla and it'll begin uploading all of your mybb files. There's over 700 files so it will take a while.

Once you have uploaded all of your files, go to yourdomain/forum/insall/index.php - they're automatically already all writable so you won't have to CHOMD anything. You'll need to go back into MySQL database manager to grab your database's name (the mybbforum one) and the username. Don't change anything that's already set for you. Just fill in where it's blank. Go to your new forum's administration control panel, go to configuration and look for "User Registrations etc" and disable new user registrations it won't work unless you do that. Once everything is finished, you can visit your new MyBB forum at yourdomain/forum !

If you need screenshots, let me know and I'll gladly add them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :)

Last edited by Aasixx; 08-28-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:04 AM

Credits: 1,149
Zeref is on a distinguished road

Nice to see that your making a tutorial for users who don't know how to install it.
Maybe you could screenshot the installation progress and use the images in your post?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Seamstress!

Credits: 5,085
Derpstra is on a distinguished road

Ummm...this is EXACTLY what I did and it didn't work for me. :C
Old 08-29-2012, 05:15 PM
.. your friendly geek. c:

Credits: 27,130
Aasixx is on a distinguished road

Really? Try deleting all of the mybb files and try again. You may have accidentally missed something. I'll post screen shots very soon.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:13 PM

Credits: 48,234
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

How to install MyBB, As Told By Nemesis.

1.Sign up at 99webs.info Free
2.Log in and create a site/domain
3.Click auto installer icon
4.Find MyBB among all the free scripts we offer
5.Fill in some fields and Click Install
6. ???
7. Profit
Old 08-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 326,840
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm Nemesis are you sure MyBB can be installed easily on your web hosting service? As far as I know, auto-installers such as SimpleScript and Fantastico do not support MyBB yet at this point.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:47 AM

Softaculous supports mybb. most recent hosts have this installer.
But it's better if you don't rely on such systems and just have a good tutorial from the start.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM

Credits: 48,234
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

We have our own unique auto installer so yes it works flawlessly. I have an adopt site connected to mybb and it works perfectly. To bad for those other hosts then :P

Aasixx has a very good guide though but I was just pointing out my easier method. I can do both methods but since I only have few hours a day to do all the things i need to online I will choose the auto installer.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
We have our own unique auto installer so yes it works flawlessly. I have an adopt site connected to mybb and it works perfectly. To bad for those other hosts then :P

Aasixx has a very good guide though but I was just pointing out my easier method. I can do both methods but since I only have few hours a day to do all the things i need to online I will choose the auto installer.
Well that might be true, but you have people who preffer a certain host, but softaculous also gives mybb as install option so it wont be an issue for them.
Anyway I can help finetune this tutorial?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Seamstress!

Credits: 5,085
Derpstra is on a distinguished road

I can assure you I did not skip a step. When I have it enabled and I disable forum registration, it gives new users and error and does not allow them to register for either.