Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 04:26 PM

Credits: 4,320
Zyraph is on a distinguished road
Default Cannot Login (Mysidia 1.3.4 fresh install)

Well, after trying to get Mysidia 1.3.4 running this morning with the anti-brute-force script, it wouldn't let me login at all (it threw a couple of errors, mainly within functions.php somehow not being able to open the stream), but I wiped the database and all files and tried reinstalling an unmodded version. This time, however, I cannot even login, and no visible errors are shown other than "Invalid Action Specified." I've only done the bare minimum to set everything up, but to no avail.

I tried looking through any error logs, and I did find one little thing.

Code:
[10-Mar-2014 15:46:14 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Resource\Native\Object' not found in /home/dragongl/public_html/adopts/classes/class_controller.php on line 21
I honestly have no idea what that even means, yet alone how to fix it. I assume the issues are related, but I've fooled around with this all day trying to get it to work, and now I'm just completely stuck.

Then again, I tend to use special characters in my passwords. Would that somehow break the site when I try to login? I'm just really at a loss right now.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:41 PM

Credits: 19,309
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

For some reason, sometimes the first user to register (the admin) won't be able to login at all. The only solution I found I was to create another user and promote it to admin. I think it's because of a null parameter in the database (session I believe) but I'm not really sure why it works sometimes and others it doesn't.

Try that first, and if it starts throwing those errors again, we can try other stuff x.x

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoRain View Post
For some reason, sometimes the first user to register (the admin) won't be able to login at all. The only solution I found I was to create another user and promote it to admin. I think it's because of a null parameter in the database (session I believe) but I'm not really sure why it works sometimes and others it doesn't.

Try that first, and if it starts throwing those errors again, we can try other stuff x.x
Wait...How would I promote a new account to admin if I can't even login? That doesn't entirely make sense to me ^.=.^;;
Old 03-10-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyraph View Post
Wait...How would I promote a new account to admin if I can't even login? That doesn't entirely make sense to me ^.=.^;;
You have access to your database with the account you use to login to the host's control panel, even without account on the site directly
Go to phpMyAdmin (somewhere on the control panel) > your database (must be on the left side or by clicking on Databases at the top) > (prefix)_users > change usergoup of the user you want to 1 to make it admin

(basically your site saves all information/data in a database and you can modify it directly when needed)

asp.net stole my soul.

Last edited by IntoRain; 03-10-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You have access to your database with the account you use to login to the host's control panel, even without account on the site directly
Go to phpMyAdmin (somewhere on the control panel) > your database (must be on the left side or by clicking on Databases at the top) > (prefix)_users > change usergoup of the user you want to 1 to make it admin

(basically your site saves all information/data in a database and you can modify it directly when needed)
Ok, that makes a lot more sense! I didn't even think about that...So, register new user, change it in PHPMyAdmin to the Admin group, and then I login. Ok, got it :3 I'll do that now and edit this with the results!

EDIT: Ok, after a bit of going back and forth of it saying it had the wrong information for logging in, I finally got it! Yay! Thank you!

Last edited by Zyraph; 03-10-2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Issues fixed
Old 03-10-2014, 05:43 PM

Glad it worked! ^^

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:54 PM

Now I'm hitting a whole different issue...but I'm not sure why this is suddenly displaying :/

Code:
Warning: getimagesize(http://dragonglitch.x10.mx/adopts/templates/icons/cog.gif): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in /home/dragongl/public_html/adopts/classes/class_image.php on line 114

Warning: getimagesize(http://dragonglitch.x10.mx/adopts/templates/icons/cog.gif): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed, unexpected end of socket!<br /> HTTP request failed! in /home/dragongl/public_html/adopts/classes/class_image.php on line 114

Warning: getimagesize(http://dragonglitch.x10.mx/adopts/templates/icons/delete.gif): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in /home/dragongl/public_html/adopts/classes/class_image.php on line 114
Old 03-10-2014, 06:07 PM

That's just a warning, doesn't really affect your site other than it's bothersome. I believe you have to put a @ before that function's name to suppress the warnings. Like @getimagesize(...) in the file and line mentioned

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
That's just a warning, doesn't really affect your site other than it's bothersome. I believe you have to put a @ before that function's name to suppress the warnings. Like @getimagesize(...) in the file and line mentioned
Done! And yep, that cleared it up! I should really figure out PHP before 1.4 is released, so I can better troubleshoot in the event something truly serious goes wrong X3