Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Staff Central

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 09:29 AM

Credits: 10,089
Rovick is on a distinguished road

yeah thats what i am talking about, when i get enough points for DA I might commision some (Honestly i dunno how to earn that much fast) How much is commision for pixel art in DA?
Old 06-18-2014, 07:19 PM

Credits: 49,707
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

It depends on the artist you hire. If you go for one of the best artists out there on dA, you could be paying 1500 - 5000 pts for a single adoptable species. But if you search for the smaller artists (who may or may not) be as good, you could definitely pay less, like 50 - 500 points.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:05 PM

Wha wha... Im speechless XD i dunno how to earn that much, i dont have art skills. All i do is sell adopts madrle from bases and it takes so long, it took me 8 months to earn like 200 with DaHub and selling
adopts, so sad i dunno what to do.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:56 AM

Credits: 48,816
Hwona is on a distinguished road

I still think the best option is to teach yourself... Actually, can you just draw an adoptable by yourselft completely first? Then, I'll try to help you. :3
Old 06-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,531
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

You're young and you're from a smaller country. I don't know what it's like there, but it's probably not the easiest, even for those who have it easier than others. It's completely understandable while you want to do something so ambitious and productive so soon in life! And I think that you should absolutely stick with it and hold it dear to your heart. You're a big dreamer and I think that's just as important as being able to wrap your head around coding and art. You want to learn, and I can definitely tell! It's good to have a hobby that could put you well off in life while you're still young and not expected to do so much yet.

You're very mature, but here in the United States there seems to be a focus on the safety of children and young teenagers online. A lot of websites are hosted/based out of the United States, and by law, they're not allowed to let anyone join if they're under the age of 13. (You may have come across this already?) Even when I was young, these laws were in place (and honestly, I lied about my age, too). I personally think it's very hard to judge someone's age online if they never say how old they are. And when someone says English isn't even their native language, it gets even harder to estimate someone's true age.

I bring this up because, for now, you're better off not stating your age online. I can't tell you not to join websites (and I doubt you'd listen, I wouldn't have, lol), just to stay safe. But I can recommend you not give away your age. That will both keep you safe and keep you from getting banned or kicked out of websites. DeviantART included. Not everyone is understanding or nice there, and the moment they know someone is underage, they will report them for their own safety.

Now that I've said that, I wanted to say that I've made several free to use bases that people can use for points commissions on DeviantART, and you're welcome to create things with them to sell for points. (Some are species that aren't my own, so they can't be used outside of that website, but the owner of the species allows people to make bases that can be sold. Like these ones.)
Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 AM

yeah i tought about that too.. theres no laws like that in our country so it will be alright... I am still trying to draw altough its hard but ill try my best
Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 AM

What i am doing now is saving points by selling adopts (I can sell one for 3minimum and 30 max) I really hope i can commission anyone for cheap bases.. 5-10 types of poses could be enough.. I hope i can save up soon ^_^
Old 06-20-2014, 09:24 AM

Default Re

I actually have a base I drew based on Kyttias's but it's not a sprite. And just a heads up, comparing the time it took me to make that one and the time it took me to make one of the earlier sprites, non-sprites would probably be cheaper than those that aren't. If you wan't to use sprites, no problem, you just need the money or draw them yourself. :3
Old 06-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,531
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

^ Hehe, yeah! It takes me three times as long to make a sprite! I'm really looking forward to Tabi's tutorials, though.

So, I haven't asked yet, what's Eternia about? What kind of place is it? World/environment? If you draw a map I could take a shot at making a fancier version of it.

Do you have access to a scanner? It may be the fastest way to get your voice across to other artists. I'm decently good at redrawing things, when I'm not always very creative myself.

I'm still not sure what I'm doing with my own site, but I have plenty of free time to help out with yours for now.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:03 PM

^ Agreed, I'd like to know what you have in mind for a backdrop. :3
Anyhow, what do you think of this fellow(based of Kyttias's):

And I have no idea if this will help you at all, but I made a quick non-sprite tutorial for you:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Obviously, it's terrible. XD

Last edited by Hwona; 06-20-2014 at 04:08 PM.