Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 01-20-2017, 01:45 PM

Credits: 1,487
A Rose for Emily is on a distinguished road

I hate to butt in, but I was a long time user on both Silvadopts and Tales of Dragons (My tweet budgie too when that was around)-in fact those sites inspired me to do my own project- and I saw everything that happened and well... To be fair you're not being quite truthful yourself right now, no offense intended, but you defamed yourself. While what you're saying about donations and art appears to be true this time around the DC staff are just trying to stay on the safe side and protect users based on your history. There's still talk on the forums about what happened when Tales of Dragons closed down and those screen shots are still floating around too, people have not forgotten, especially the artists and donors who were hurt by how you and UnicornBlues treated them. If you're serious about restarting and regaining a good reputation you should probably start by making some amends somehow otherwise the cycle of failing sites is going to continue, no one wants an admin they cannot trust. You also have to keep in mind typically it's the same community that joins adopt sites, these same people will always be around you if you decide to continue and by trying to ignore and act as if nothing ever happened it's only upsetting people more, I know it's hard to hear this, but I'm just trying to help. If you have no users or artists you really don't have much at all. I really hope you take my advice, I'd love to see SilvaTales succeed.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:54 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 81,214
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road

Listen. I've apologized a thousand times over for things that DID happen. I've learned from the mistakes I did make. I'm not using any art I shouldn't be and I'm not taking money ever again for an adopts site. Now here too, people will not be signing up because of this. People can do A LOT with photoshop, keep that in mind. What no one does know is the ones passing those things around wanted to buy my site from me and I said no. That's in the past and I'd really love to move forward. I just keep getting drug down no matter where I post.

Check out SilvaTales

Last edited by SilverDragonTears; 01-20-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:22 PM

Credits: 1,487
A Rose for Emily is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry you feel I'm attacking you, I'm not. I was trying to explain to you why you have the reputation that you do and how you might be able to fix it. The problem is you never did apologize to the users, when things happened you called us ungrateful and said it was none of our business, then the site was gone and we didn't hear from you again. It'd be fairly easy to make amends, just apologize, ask a DC mod to unlock your thread so you can do so and have another chance. You can't keep blaming everyone else, no one's out to destroy you like you seem to think. These are things you said yourself and no one else. Once again I'm sorry I seemed to have offended you.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:29 PM

Credits: 19,257
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What no one does know is the ones passing those things around wanted to buy my site from me and I said no.
I just want to say something about this, because I was *somewhat* involved. I think everyone knew that at least Gryffi wanted to buy your site, it was all we talked about in the thread at the time. They wanted to buy the site from you because the site kept going down due to lack of payment. And everyone genuinely thought ToD was dead forever. People were getting tired of it and the artists were offended with what happened with UnicornBlues... It all happened at once - ToD went down for what seemed like the final time and the messages leaked. And things just exploded.

To be honest, they just wanted to save ToD. They didn't want to steal ToD from you. I had already made a deal with Gryffi to help them build a new site for free, they didn't need to use money to buy ToD. But they still wanted to keep it online somehow because they dedicated themselves to the site... I don't think they were doing it with bad intentions.

Quote:
People can do A LOT with photoshop, keep that in mind. What no one does know is the ones passing those things around wanted to buy my site from me and I said no. That's in the past and I'd really love to move forward. I just keep getting drug down no matter where I post.
You never really appeared to defend yourself though, or post proof of the contrary... We never heard your side of the story, you just disappeared.

I'm sorry this keeps haunting you. But I think it would be better if you talked with the DC mods about this, explain the situation. It's better than having your name soiled forever in this small community.

This was in 2015, a long time has passed already. I signed up for the site because what's in the past is in the past and honestly what happened didn't affect me. But you really need to amend things with the DC mods, it was where the drama unfolded, so they are pretty cautious about it now.

I'm sorry you have to carry this baggage with you now, but I'm sure it will get better the more you show people this adopt site is different. I really liked the old Silvatales, so I'm hoping for your success as well! Please don't feel down because of this, people are just unsure about you.

asp.net stole my soul.

Last edited by IntoRain; 01-20-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: clarifying
Old 01-20-2017, 02:40 PM
I am your Nemesis.

No I didn't defend myself. I felt overwhelmed. It was me against everyone else. Like I said... I just want to move on from it. At this point people will either sign up or they won't.

Check out SilvaTales
Old 01-20-2017, 02:42 PM

Credits: 19,257
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Understandable, there was a lot of angry people.

Well, I signed up and I hope to see the site grow

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:54 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Thank you :)

Check out SilvaTales
Old 01-20-2017, 03:00 PM

Credits: 28,043
kristhasirah

If the donors and artists don't want to forget is their own choice, they do not need to join, and no one is being forced to join the site. I believe in second chances, and that people can change, so I will give my support to silver and keep doing art for the site.

Silvadopts was the first site where I started practicing pixel adopts and made me know lots of good friends and good memories, Silver gave a total newbie like me the chance to sprite some of the foxes and sill add them even with mistakes and for that im grateful. so I will keep providing art for the site and story I love, and for me this is a chance to see my babies and play with them once again! instead of getting digital dust in a dark corner and poking them with a stick.

And for the artist that don't want to see their art in the site, don't worry I don't have plans to use them. The foxes that will be used on the site are the ones i created, and I will create new foxes.

maybe I'm a softie or maybe I'm just to in love with misty woods that I don't want to leave it to die just like that.

And just to inform possible new members and old members
I KristhaSirah allow SilverDragonTears to use my art in her site ^^
Old 01-20-2017, 03:51 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisexuowl View Post
digital art can include pixel sprites and a lot of other things, so i'm confused what you mean. i'd be willing to help with artwork, but i'm unsure my style is the right kind of thing for it? are you doing art with line art or art without lines? is it going to be chibi, non chibi, a mix or something else? cartoonish? you should probably include some examples of what you want.

my deviantart is here. note that i'm going to be studying for a GED soon so i'm taking a break from my own site and will eventually want to return to that (if i did make art for your site you could however still use that).

edit:
wait, so on dragcave's forums what was this about art theft + financial abuse? (you can pm me if you want to)
The foxes in the banner are the actual adults in the site. That's what all the foxes art work looks like :)

Check out SilvaTales
Old 01-20-2017, 04:22 PM
x3 furry trash x3

Credits: 4,618
bisexuowl is on a distinguished road

=o theyre very pretty !!! i would love to help you convert pixel sprites to the new style, and even help create new foxes ;u; that is, if you'd like me to. i made an account (bisexuowl), so you could pm there or here, whatever works !

a suggestion for the general site: i think you should definitely add a ToS ASAP. there are guides out there on how to write one, but you should definitely have some rules in place.