Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 05:07 AM

Credits: 2,524
EzzyAlpha is on a distinguished road
Default This is sort of an hypothetical: Collecting things besides adopts and items

I'll admit that this feature was inspired by GPX+s Trinkets thing, which I'm rather fond of as I'm a bit of a hoard-AHEM, collector, but also by an old game/site I was going to make but ended up giving up on.

Would it be possible to have a separate system, similar to the one used for items, except instead of appearing on your inventory/my items page, it would appear in another one.

These items would have no effect and would be for collection purposes only, although there would be achievements for collecting many of them.

I was thinking it would be possible by copying the items coding and changing things so it would be a separate...thing, but, uh.

Not a programmer, remember.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:03 AM

Credits: 19,239
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

I believe Infernette has a system like that on her website (two separate inventories). It's doable.

The inventory is just a group of tables in phpMyAdmin (the one with all the items and the one that associates an item and its owner). So, if you create a table for collectables (instead of a table with all the items and their functions) plus another table to associate an item, a quantity and an owner, it should work. You could copy the code from the inventory (and I guess some from the item class) and try to repeat what's done there and instead of getting the items from that table, you could go get them from the new table (the one that associates collectables and people). But it depends also on how you would obtain them, since that's important to fill the tables.

And I'm also thinking about this without actually looking at the code, but it's something along those lines, I will have to make one for a feature I'm implementing on my test site so I don't mind sharing the code when it's done

asp.net stole my soul.

Last edited by IntoRain; 11-10-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:00 PM

Ooh, goodie. I was pretty sure it would be possible but I wanted to check with people that knew more than me. Thank you.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 20,291
MikiHeart

I think it should be linked to the main inventory.
For example, you could have a coin collection.

Coins could be found in the stores, or dropped by pets. Or even both.

You have a new inventory, the collection inventory like intorain said, but you also have a new 'use' function. So that they can put it in the new inventory. But if the item is already in there, it doesn't place it in the collection inventory. Then, when they have each item in the collection, you could make it that they have to 'claim' the prize. Which checks that they have all the items needed in the collection, which then gives them a prize if they do. It could also lock the collection, so that it's finished, or even reset it.

Because you don't want users to be able to finish the collection, claim the prize, and then sell the collection. Or even claim the prize multiple times without collecting the collection again.

Hope I make sense @.@
Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 AM

That makes sense but it's way too advanced for me to even think of how it could be done hehe
Old 11-11-2013, 08:43 AM

Credits: 19,239
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiHeart View Post
I think it should be linked to the main inventory.
For example, you could have a coin collection.

Coins could be found in the stores, or dropped by pets. Or even both.

You have a new inventory, the collection inventory like intorain said, but you also have a new 'use' function. So that they can put it in the new inventory. But if the item is already in there, it doesn't place it in the collection inventory. Then, when they have each item in the collection, you could make it that they have to 'claim' the prize. Which checks that they have all the items needed in the collection, which then gives them a prize if they do. It could also lock the collection, so that it's finished, or even reset it.

Because you don't want users to be able to finish the collection, claim the prize, and then sell the collection. Or even claim the prize multiple times without collecting the collection again.

Hope I make sense @.@
Good ideas. Having a "claim" button would make it easier to check if the collection is completed and also easier. Maybe have a table "Collections" and for each user it would say if each collection was completed. This would make sure the user wouldn't complete again. Or if you want them to complete more than once, maybe have a max number of completions and the table would keep how many times each user completed each collection.

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Premium Member

MikiHeart

EzzyAlpha: I plan to code this sort of thing for a different project. It has nothing to do with this script, but once I do, I wouldn't mind sharing it so you had an idea of what I was talking about more. It's easier when you see an example of the code.

IntoRain: Yes. You would have a "collections_completed" table, and under it, you have the username, the amount of times they completed it, the amount of times they're allowed to complete it. Even the date they completed it. You could make it that they could redo it once a year. Just use a cron to check and delete entries that are a year old. You could even make a premium item, that people can donate and then buy which 'rests' their progress and allows them to do the collection again.

I don't really want to start coding addons for the script just yet. I kind of want to wait until the next release since so much will be changing.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 AM

Ahhh, you have such great ideas. If you would so kindly share your codes, I wouldn't mind accepting.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Premium Member

MikiHeart

lol Ideas are fine. I'm good with theory, it's just putting it all into practice that's hard XD