Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Webmasters Area

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 12:12 AM

Credits: 48,369
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Default gemstone hosting...

Most of you know but Lots of new newbies here too, but I offer free hosting and script installation. However with school you'll have to be patient as I will get to your site when i get to it. Plus I have many of my own projects school related and not that I work on so could be a while... My activity here has even dropped drastically... it really sucks having to write and 8 page paper then the 20 page website is due then the history exam is coming up ugh, but most of you know how that is.

More on Gemstone Hosting... I don't think im going to be keeping it... I never really finished it. I said before I acquired the server from school cause I needed it true but I actually turned my really old hp desktop with no cd or floppy drive just 2 usb ports into a dedicated server running linux crux right now. In fact it also acts as a minecraft server and will be prepped for my future projects. specs:
2.4ghz processor
2 gigs ram
250gb hdd

More reasons for not keeping gemstone is because the adsense stopped working. Not sure why and i never heard back, I had way over 100k impressions monthly and over 100 uniques a day bringing in extra dollars offsetting the server price. And don't think for a second I clicked the ads or used any sort of black hat tactics... it was all legit but adsense was apparently not happy with traffic.

Here's the route we have to take, either A people upgrade to sapphire accounts and make me keeping the server and aiding in installations worthwhile or in B about a year the service will be gone. Sorry but i think that's how its gonna have to be. I know longer have the time, and the time i have needs to be spent on things that bring in money, because that's how the world works :(
Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

Credits: 25,168
PTGigi

I'll ask my parents if I can upgrade (I have the money to upgrade it's just they may not be excited about it). Either way I'll see if I can help out! :3 I love your service, it's the best and most affordable I've found and I'd hate to see it go down D:

I also assume this has something to do with the pop-up ads appearing? O:

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
My Adoptables|Nuzlocke Webcomic
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 AM

Credits: 19,514
Inf3rnal is on a distinguished road

Nemesis I recommend you switch over to Adbrite!
I've been using them for awhile now and their results are better when I used Adsense.

I'm currently hosting my servers on linuxbased server as well. I hope you can figure something out.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM

Gigi I do need to apologize if you noticed any problems with new ads as I have been desperately trying to find a new ad network solution. Lots of them work for a while then i catch them redirecting our traffic or popping up download boxes, so those are out of the question. As of now they're all removed. And thanks for your support, I want to make this work and will figure something out.

Inf3rnal thanks for your suggestion, I tried Adbrite and use it on some other sites and it does perform quite well. However when i added it to sites on the free hosting even after 5 days it still just showed the adbrite is setting up and may take a few hours blank thing.

A possible solution could be adfly I can add it so every 2nd or third click on your site opens an iframe that shows an ad for 5 seconds then needs to be skipped and will happens once per ip per 24 hours. first time visitors or pet clicks will not need to pass the ad but your regular members as they will be clicking around the site more will need to skip the ad once a day. we could try that.

And anyone hosting with me please don't panic. Your sites will be fine, though you should have your own back ups incase, but what im saying is im not gonna disappear and leave you hanging if it doesn't work out i'll make sure you have time to move. there's still plenty of time i am just explaining the situation here, i was hopeing to keep recovering the costs.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:32 PM
bruh

Credits: 35,674
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

Ahhh, no wonder there's random ads on Altara for clicks :3 I was like "Where'd this come from?" XD It amused me :3

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:58 PM

OMG Adbrite is working! Gemstone Hosting can be saved if its not costing me to much and at least now we have a stable ad network we can trust. Again sorry for trying other networks that weren't so legit.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:53 AM

Credits: 19,514
Inf3rnal is on a distinguished road

Adbrite is amazing. I'm glad you got it working!
Work in Progress:
Redesign of the core functions
Couple more themes

Last edited by Inf3rnal; 10-19-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,665
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Thats so good to know, gemstone hosting's disappearance will cause many Mysidia adoptables sites to be hostless. Glad you figured it out.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

Credits: 25,168
PTGigi

Urf I hate to bring up more issues >.<"

The new ads seems to be messing with the tables on my site D: I've found the issue to be present on Safari and Chrome, IE doesn't have the error (which I can't screenshot the error at this time because I'm on a computer that only has IE right now). I can check if it messes up on FF in about an hour (I get home from school then).

But basically it sticks my title-bar to any table on the page, combines tables if there are multiple tables on the page, and extends the table out beyond the main body of the site; it also misaligns everything D: If you have Chrome/Safari (or Firefox if the error is present on Firefox) this page is one of the best examples I can find >.<"

And another question, I couldn't find this anywhere on the main site but if I switch to the Sapphire or Ruby plan do ads go away? Most hosts I know of have a system like this (free=ads, paid=ad free, or a pay for ad removal type deal). It would end all issues with the ads for my site at least |D

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
My Adoptables|Nuzlocke Webcomic
Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 PM
bruh

Credits: 35,674
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

Gigi, it appears fine with me, and I use Chrome. Screeny plz, I want to see XD

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!