Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 11-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Aspiring

Credits: 11,043
Nieth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Nieth
Default Alchemy Mod - HoF

Well, to be honest I don't really know much of what I'm doing when it comes to PHP, C++ is my normal terrain so I figured 'Meh, this can't be that bad.'

So, I tried to edit the Alchemy mod to allow for three alchemized items instead of just two. I can't seem to get it to work, I keep getting the error:

Dunno what to do, I can't access my databases due to my host being money hungry and I don't really want to waste HoF's time by asking them to change the mod for me.

Last edited by Nieth; 11-13-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:34 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,917
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

well you need to add a new column called item3 to the database table for alchemy. If you have access to phpmyadmin, you can add it there. Otherwise you need to use an ALTER TABLE SQL command. Read the tutorial at w3schools for more information on how to write an ALTER TABLE command:
http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_alter.asp

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:55 AM
Aspiring

Yeah, I wanted to just add it with PHPMyAdmin but they won't let me have access to it on my host.

I edited:
PHP Code:
$adopts->query("CREATE TABLE ".constant("PREFIX")."alchemy (alid int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, item int DEFAULT 0, item2 int DEFAULT 0, newitem int DEFAULT 0, chance int DEFAULT 0, recipe int DEFAULT 0)"); 
to
PHP Code:
$adopts->query("CREATE TABLE ".constant("PREFIX")."alchemy (alid int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, item int DEFAULT 0, item2 int DEFAULT 0, item3 int DEFAULT 0, newitem int DEFAULT 0, chance int DEFAULT 0, recipe int DEFAULT 0)"); 
to add the column during install, shouldn't that have worked?

Also, my site now has three different 'Recipe' options when giving a type to an item. I would just clear out the alchemy table(s) on my database if they'd let me have access to it, but I'm at a loss as to what to do now.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Aspiring

Well, it seems as though I may have fixed the issue, it looks like if you complain enough or threaten to move to a different host you may just get what you want, lol. They gave me access to PHPMyAdmin after I mentioned changing hosts.

Is there an easy way to make it so that the crafting recipe does not require the max amount of items (IE: 3)?

I want to make it so that some items require three materials but some only require two, any simple way to do that?
Old 11-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,917
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well your question is exactly why my Alchemy Mod only allows two items by default. If you allow three items, then you face an issue: Should it be always three items, or it can be either two or three. The former makes the system inflexible, but the latter is hard to implement, and will take a huge amount of time to design and test. With the default Alchemy Mod, you dont have this two or three(or two, three or four) problem, it must be two.

Once Mys v1.4.0 is available, I plan to redo the Alchemy Mod to make it compatible with the new version(or as an addon/plugin, which I will explain once I make the plugin system). It will still by default handle mixing of two items only, but mixing multiple items may be made available as premium mod.

Also for questions directly related to the Mod, please post in its dedicated thread next time. Thanks.
http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=4368

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.