Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM
bruh

Credits: 35,675
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road
Default Profile.php and Online.php Aesthetic Problems

I found that the profile.php?user=USERNAME as well as the online.php ruins the CSS? They both show the text-size font enlarged. I used Google Chrome to 'inspect element' it, and it showed that the font-size:12px; was crossed out, therefore not applying to those two pages?
--- I installed a fresh copy of Mys, to see if it still happens. And it doesn't! So my edited site must have enlarged text due to my template...
Here is my CSS:
Code:
body {background:url(ploop.png)repeat;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#503A2C;}
a {color:#4E2433;text-decoration:none;text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #FFF;}
a:hover{color:#E8B1C4;text-shadow: 0px 0px 10px #000;}
#wrapper {width:950px;margin:0 auto;}
#box1 {height:100px;overflow:auto;margin:3px;background-color:#82655D;border:1px solid #68514B;color:#FFF;}
#box2 {height:100px;overflow:auto;margin:3px;background-color:#E6D5C3;border:1px solid #D8C8B8;color:#000;}
#box3 {height:100px;overflow:auto;margin:3px;background-color:#82655D;border:1px solid #68514B;color:#FFF;}
#box4 {height:100px;overflow:auto;margin:3px;background-color:#FFF;border:1px solid #E2E2E2;color:#000;}
#box5 {height:425px;margin:3px;background-color:#D9CCAE;border:1px solid #CCBFA5;color:#000}
#menu {height:27px;margin:3px;padding-left:3px;background-color:#7F5966;padding-right:0px;}
#content {height:388px;overflow:auto;margin:3px;background-color:#FFF;border:1px solid #E2E2E2;text-align:center;color:#503A2C;}
#content h1 {font-size:16pt;border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc;margin:10px;text-shadow:0px 1px 1px #FFF;background-color:#B5937E;color:#503A2C;}
#footer {height:50px;margin:3px;background-color:#B5A785;border:1px solid #A89B7C;color:#000;}
And here is my HTML:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<head><title>:BROWSERTITLE:</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/menu.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/wip/style.css" type="text/css" />
<!--[if lte IE 6]>
<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="media/dropdown_ie.css" />
<![endif]-->
</head>
<body>
<div id="wrapper">
<table border="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td><div id="box1">Newest Addition:</div></td> <td><div id="box2">News:</div></td> <td><div id="box3">:SIDEFEED:</div></td> <td><div id="box4">Did you know...?</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><div id="menu">:LINKSBAR:</div></td><td colspan="1" rowspan="2"><div id="box5">CHATTTTTTTT</div></td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><div id="content"><h1>:ARTICLETITLE:</h1><p>:ARTICLECONTENT:</p></div></td><tr/>
<tr>
<td colspan="4"><div id="footer"><a href='http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com'>Mysidia Adoptables</a> | Footer</div></td>
</tr>
</table></div>
</body>
</html>
ALSO:
The profile.php?user=USERNAME doesn't show the navbar... The nav bar disappears.
I view-sourced it, and it shows that the navbar is hidden?
Code:
<a class="hide" href="index.php" style="position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px; display: none;">Home</a>
Why does it say "style="position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px; display: none;""?? It's not on any other regularly-working pages (e.g. index.php)?
In index.php, it shows just simply
Code:
<a class="hide" href="index.php">Home</a>
In IE, it's even worse. o-o The template is completely deformed for both pages...
I would show you my website, but I don't want it revealed yet- so if necessary, I can PM you it :)

Thanks!

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!

Last edited by ChibiMaestro; 02-10-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,675
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well prior to Mys v1.3.2, there was this font-size issue for certain pages, this was fixed in Mys v1.3.2. Was your site built with Mys v1.3.1 or earlier versions? If so, it may explain why you have this problem.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM
bruh

I installed the Mys v1.3.2 (latest). All I did was edit the template...

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:36 PM

I see, as far as I know, you need to specify the font size pretty much everywhere in a css element. I am not a designer though so perhaps it is up for Nyxi to look at this. XD

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 AM
bruh

What about the disappearing navigation bar though?

~C.Maestro
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,149
Tequila is on a distinguished road

Hm.. I can't remember why that happens...
(eek!) I've gone and actually coded some new pages, but I've been having so many problems with code that I'm not seeing things straight.

I'll take a look once I've gotten new glasses, it's been about six years since my last checkup, so that may be a problem.

If you find any other suspicious code, let me know.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM
bruh

I'm not very good with PHP (infact, I don't know any haha), but I shall keep an eye out for you!

~C.Maestro
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 PM

Well you can give a try looking into the css files for dropdown menu and profile tabs(both are located inside the subdirectory called /css). I am unable to fix the incompatibility issue with dropdown menu/profile tabs, as the dropdown menu always disappears whenever you loads users profile page. I believe the issue lies inside the profile tabs css, but cant find a way to fix it. There's also a chance that the problem is with the javascript/AJAX, if so it may not get fixed until Mys v1.4.0 or later.