Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Staff Central

Notices

Old 12-01-2013, 03:58 PM

Credits: 66,386
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rat Templates/Box Pixel Needed

Hi, so I decided with my website that I would do a variety of different templates and artists if possible, since I always get so worn out doing all of them myself.

I'm looking for some people to make some pixels - I'm not looking for colouring, markings or anything, I just need the basic templates, shaded, for colouring. I am also wondering if someone is willing to make a travel case/pet box pixel for me to use as the "egg" stage, though I can probably make this myself if needed. For the rats, here is the info;

There are four stages - travel case (egg), baby/young (five weeks), youngster/teen (six months) and adult (six months to two years). I'm only going to be using one box template, so don't worry about that. I was hoping to do a couple of poses for each stage, so that I could alternate them for levels ( levels 1-4 will be baby, 5-10 youngster, etc with maybe two templates alternating, like lvl1 is img1, lvl2 img2, lvl3 img1, etc), though if you don't want to do that, it's fine, or you only want to do more then one pose for the adult or something, that's okay too.

I'm looking for more detailed pixel art, so closer to than in terms of shading, though what type of detailed shading you do is up to you. I would appreciate realistic rats as much as possibly.

If you don't know much about rats, here is a good webpage about varieties, which are things like different body/coat/ear types and stuff. http://www.afrma.org/fancyrm.htm If you don't want to do something difficult (hairless, rex coat), just something simple like a standard ear or dumbo ear is great!

I'd appreciate if you wouldn't mind letting me recolour your templates so I can make multiple adoptables for them - all I need are the shaded bases so I can colour them in whatever marking, coat colour I choose to do. You will be credited on the site. I would prefer art no bigger then 100x100 pixels.

I can't pay cash, however, I can exchange writing (plots, explore pages, stories, events, etc) or copy (descriptions, help articles, about pages, ads or announcements, etc) skills, website templates (either adapting an existing template, which is faster with better results or making one from scratch but can't do really complicated themes), credits here and/or on the website once it launches, in-depth website reviews (good for catching mistakes, fine-tuning user experience, etc) or some other deal if need be.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:22 PM

Credits: 66,386
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted an ad on some pixel forums and such for additional exposure. Here is the terms and rights I drew up;

This is a one time job unless an artist is interested in doing so again. Credit will be given on the website and the adoptables created off the templates will not be posted outside of the website or it's forum, although users may post their own pets on other website for the sake of gaining clicks (these pets will always link back to the main website) and we may use the adoptables in banners, ads or affiliations that will be posted both on and offsite. Your templates or the pets created based upon them will not be sold or given away, and money will not be made directly off of the sprites themselves. You will retain your rights to do with the templates what you please, but we request that you not sell or give them for someone else to use and you will have the ability to have your templates pulled from the website at a later date if you so request, but you will need to give 30 days notice so we may replace your templates with another set. We will keep records of contact info which is your responsibly to keep up to date - in the event of your info being rendered useless, we will continue to use your sprites and will not attempt to find you again.

The templates in question will be recoloured and done up with difficult markings, probably for a total of ten or so adoptables, but these will be spread over a number of months or years and will be done by an in-house artist. The template will not be altered unless permission is given to add clothing or an item in foreground or background, with no other alternations (also done by in-house artists). These templates will not be used for members to create restricted adoptables that they sell through breeding unless permission is given.