Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 09-27-2015, 04:50 AM

Credits: 16,096
parayna is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help With a Few Things

Hello! I need help with a few things on my site... these are stuff that I haven't managed to figure out what to do with as I have managed to do a few minor issues myself which I am super happy about because it means that I have gotten better since whenever... XD Anyway! Thanks for any help

1) How do you make it so that people's profile pictures are automatically resized when they upload them/link them from their settings?

I would like this because it would fix the other issue of people's profile pics being HUGE, if uploaded huge, on the messages bio bit. So resizing any images to 100x100 and then displaying them at that size would be perfect! XD

2) The visitor message edit and delete bit is not working correctly. How can I fix this?

They all lead to a blank page (if I remember correctly... I had this issue before but I can't exactly remember how it was fixed now. And I can't find the solution D:) I'm not sure why it is happening.

3) The outbox is blank if there are no messages in it

I know for a fact that I have had this fixed before, but after scouring the forum I can't seem to find the solution... which is odd. But OK... XD It is hiding from me!

4) The Forgot Pass feature doesn't seem to work too well.

For one user I think it has worked (they got the email at least) and they use a live account, but I use gmail and it does not seem to work? I don't get an email. And unless it is a seperate issue they couldn't log in with the code created. I have had to manually create one for them and PM them on Ovipets with it. I'm not sure what the problem is :/

5) Where is the file to change the titles on your profile?

I want to change the 'Favorite Color:' bit to 'Favourite Colour:' I want UK spellings to be used throughout the site XD

Thank you for any help! Much appreciated! ^_^

Last edited by parayna; 09-27-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:59 PM

Credits: 361
Cirris is on a distinguished road

For the capitalization of genders in profiles, open view/accountview.php and find lines 106 through 110.

Code:
 $genderList = new RadioList("gender");
	    $genderList->add(new RadioButton("Male", "gender", "male"));
	    $genderList->add(new RadioButton("Female", "gender", "female"));
	    $genderList->add(new RadioButton("Unknown", "gender", "unknown"));
	    $genderList->check($profile->getGender());
Change it to the following...

Code:
 $genderList = new RadioList("gender");
	    $genderList->add(new RadioButton("Male", "gender", "Male"));
	    $genderList->add(new RadioButton("Female", "gender", "Female"));
	    $genderList->add(new RadioButton("Unknown", "gender", "Unknown"));
	    $genderList->check($profile->getGender());
Also, I am by no means a PHP programmer, I just tried this and it seems to work. ^_^; (You will have to edit your account settings and select your gender again and save before it will affect your profile, though.)

To change the text for favorite color, edit the same file, view/accountview.php on line 113.

Code:
$profileForm->add(new Comment("Favorite Color", FALSE));
to...
Code:
$profileForm->add(new Comment("Favorite Colour", FALSE));
On the note of the Forgot Password issues... in the ACP under Global Site Settings, I was unable to use my yahoo email for the System Email. No one would receive emails for anything, password retrieval included. I had to create an email through my hosting provider and use that. Apparently, yahoo is somehow blocked for that sort of thing.

Last edited by Cirris; 09-27-2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added more content.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:34 PM

Credits: 16,096
parayna is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the help! ^_^ The gender thing worked XD The colour bit didn't though as when I looked I had already changed it to the UK spelling... it is like that on the bit where you go to change your account settings (and bio and stuff) but on the actual profile it is just the American kind of spelling D:

Spoiler: Image 

The email thing still doesn't seem to work but I will figure it out eventually! I might need to look at it again when it isn't as late so I have a clearer head XD

Thanks! ^_^
Old 09-28-2015, 06:51 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,589
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirris View Post
On the note of the Forgot Password issues... in the ACP under Global Site Settings, I was unable to use my yahoo email for the System Email. No one would receive emails for anything, password retrieval included. I had to create an email through my hosting provider and use that. Apparently, yahoo is somehow blocked for that sort of thing.
Thats interesting. Does this only happen to your yahoo email? Or you've tried anything else and it wont work either? In the latter case, I do know that sometimes webhosts will restrict PHP's mail function, so that you can only use email accounts created in cpanel. There is a workaround, and if many people encounter issues with sending emails I will post a solution to that.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.