Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 PM

Credits: 22,689
Ruinily is on a distinguished road
Default A few more little things...

Yay another fun problem thread from me. ^_^ Again I'm praying these are just a few little things... and just to make it more fun I need the fixes for Mys v1.3.2. :P

1, First thing thats bugging me is this...
[04-Jul-2013 01:11:46 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/felkyocr/public_html/siggy.php on line 95

That means apparently siggy.php images dont work anywhere... Not in signatures or the sidebar where I had it. :/ So is it possible to find another way to do that? (No idea what it does...) Or I'm guessing the sudden block is from my host since I havent touched anything to do with siggy.php as far as I know, so should I contact them?

2, I'm sure this is horribly easy, but how the heck do I insert things into the database. :/ I tried a simple;
'$mysidia->db->insert("inventory", array("iid" => NULL, "category" => food, "itemname" => Fyrilarch pudding, "owner" => user, "quantity" => 1, "status" => Available));'

As far as I know all the capital letters and commas are in place... but it tells me theres a 'PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/filepath'. So I'm probably being too simple as usual. ^_^' Is there an easy way to do this that even I can understand? Please dont just tell me the coding and say its an object as if I know exactly where objects go and work, I have barely any coding knowledge and as Famer should know that short explanation failed on me last time. >.>' I learn by seeing exactly how the things work, usually through trial and error. So I need to know the exact coding and where exactly it goes in as much detail as possible sadly. >.<'

The point of this is things like for a lottery system for example. What I really want is someone buys a ticket item, goes to the page as the ticket allows them to, though theres a high chance of the ticket failing, but if they get to a pet or item it gets immediately added to their account. I need it to happen without any chance of the user using refresh on the shop page to get as many as they wanted. I also what to use this as a reward for some games I was planning. That and I find in a lot of the places I hide pets the shop page is a bit superfluous, it doesnt even let you name the pet. >.>' I think I have about twenty shops with one pet in it because its the only way to get one lol... So if anyone has any ideas on how to get a lottery system working without being taken advantage of, or adding a pet/item to someone account automatically on a page, or even how to make the promocode/item name/pet name display in the url of the promocode reward page would fix this problem I've spent ages over the last few months trying to figure out...

3, And heres what Famer tried to explain to me, and everyone else says its easy, but I still dont get it. ^_^' I want to have a link from the users adopts page to their forum profile, but for that I need to convert their forum ID into their pet site username... This is how Famer said to do it, but I dont know where it goes or what the heck I do with a user object..... or what 'new Member' means...

'umm to do this you will need to convert from user id to username, which should be easy. If you have a user object, you can use $user->uid or $user->username interchangeably. But if the ID is stored in a user request object like $mysidia->input->get("uid"), you will have to instantiate a user object by calling $user = new Member($mysidia->input->get("uid")), and then the username property should be available to you. '

I've just tried a load of ways, to be honest I'm feeling a bit useless... I kinda understand how functions and other things work, but I just cant get the magic words that let me do simple things like call up functions, or get info from the database... I dont know if its because of the Mys version I've got either... And theres all sorts I'd like to pull up, like the user registration date. If anyone can give me a quick, simple yet fool proof run down of how the basic things work I'd be very grateful. I tried something like the tutorial Famer put up, but even then I failed. *Facedesk* Thankyou anyone that even read this through, I'd be grateful for any help...

Chocolate butterfly cat pudding. o.o

And since even the programming on this forum doesnt like me anymore heres my sites address. XD
http://felkyocreatures.com/index.php