Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 06-10-2017, 01:48 PM

Credits: 64,215
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road

We now have a trello board! Now you can view the progress of current updates and future, unannounced updates!

Link to trello
Old 06-10-2017, 05:46 PM

Credits: 16,327
parayna is on a distinguished road

I just logged in for the first time in a while, oops XD So as you want some feedback from bug testing, etc, I will list a few things I found while exploring :)

Okay first off I went to my pantry to check my pets and play with them all. (cause they need my attention lol XD) I noticed that 'sex' on their profiles isn't displaying their gender and the button for removing the background is partially covering the buttons above it. And while on the profiles the avatar is a broken link (though I have this issue on my own site, so I've got a post on the mysidia help section at the moment).

Next I checked out the tea collection because I was curious about achievements lol XD That seems really cool! Especially the tooltips part! (Though I did adopt the newer adopts and another hotdach to get to 10 adoptables to unlock one and it would be really cool if it sent you a PM when you unlock one, or to notify you to check your achievements, because if I hadn't have been looking to specifically get it I probably wouldn't have noticed lol)

Then I played with the newer ones to get my karma up to 100 to join the GGBA and I successfully did! Though as I bought the new adopts and some balls from the shop I can't afford the dragon yet XD So I went exploring to get more money and thought I'd do the quest with Snuffles (that I remember from my signing up exploration a few months ago XD) but he is telling me that I have already done the quest today, even though I haven't been on his page. I did visit the holiday shop to adopt a bear, if that would help with bug fixing.

The last two things are that if you click 'remove background' while no background is selected it sends you to an error page, but it might be easier if it just told you that no background is equipped, and also I clicked explore and it sent me to an error XD (I know it's in progress, though, and that's why c:)

And that's about it! I haven't really explored anywhere else yet XD Hope that helps ^_^

EDIT: I've been able to adopt 11/10 pets ^_^ My shelf space has gone past the limit. Might have had to do with me getting enough money for a dragon and buying it? Maybe something to do with the shop itself ^_^

Last edited by parayna; 06-10-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I'm actually thinking of removing backgrounds until I can refine it because the way I have it now is pretty messy and there are lots of display issues.
Pet genders not showing is actually resolved with newer pets, but pets that were adopted/bred before the bug was fixed are still bugged. I haven't been able to go through all the old ones yet.
Profile images are acting really weird for me, some show getimagesize errors, others white page errors, broken images... The list goes on. I'll have to look into a better way for users to add profile pictures without the links breaking anything.
A notification PM for achievements sounds like a good idea, but I would have to edit the way it works since it actually doesn't acknowledge that you earned an achievement until you visit the page (IE: When you visit the achievement page, there are several if statements that show the proper achievements when you meet the conditions) I could make it so the site is constantly checking for these conditions, but I'm not sure how that would be done.
The Snuffles quest is definitely bugged. It's probably with the way I have it check if the user completed the quest that day. I think it's using the same "lastday" variable as the explore page, so if the user explored that day then they can't do the quest and probably vice versa. All I need to do is separate them and it should work fine. I never got any error messages when visiting the explore page though, do you remember what it said?
Old 06-10-2017, 06:31 PM

I was just about to update my post on it actually XD I think it's because I haven't set a favourite pet yet. I had the issue on my site. It throws you an uncaught exception that adoptable id 0 isn't displayed properly or something. I didn't read it at first lol XD But I recognise the error aha.

(Also updated my post about being able to adopt more than 10 pets, though my 11th was the blue raspberry dragon from the shop so it might be an issue with the shops rather than the pantry shelf spaces not working XD)
Old 06-11-2017, 11:54 AM

Just logged in for today! And the pantry spaces haven't stopped me from adopting more than allowed (as I thought it might have been because I bought the blue dragon before).

Spoiler: Image 

Also, how do you get the health up? XD I know you can buy balls for mood but some of my adopts have like really low health from me not logging in and doing stuff with them, whoops.

Also! XD I'm going to be more active because I want that deer adopt Mwahaha

EDIT: Another thing I just noticed, I went to the associations page (I'm in the good one) and because all my money is in the bank it says underneath that I can't afford membership, however I'm already in it :) Just to let you know ^_^
It's been a long time. I had so much fun making a site back in 2016 that recently, when I started thinking about it again, I decided to come back and work on something small. It'll probably just be a personal project but who knows? We'll see, anyway.

Last edited by parayna; 06-11-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:24 PM

You can't raise health yet, but pets can't die either so there's nothing to worry about, lol. I think I fixed the pantry bug, but I might make a topic for the bank because I can't figure out why it's adding.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:26 PM

Ah okay! XD Glad to know I won't lose them lol
It's been a long time. I had so much fun making a site back in 2016 that recently, when I started thinking about it again, I decided to come back and work on something small. It'll probably just be a personal project but who knows? We'll see, anyway.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:45 AM

I spent the day yesterday making a shiny new theme for the site:

-Features-
  • Made with Bootstrap 3
  • Finally mobile-friendly!
    • Safely view the site from any phone or tablet
    • Improved for small screens and laptops as well

This theme is also completely optional, so you can continue using the classic theme if you still want to. The site content has been adjusted to work the same on both themes without display issues or breaking.
Note: The classic theme still has display issues with smaller screens and is not mobile-friendly.

-How do I change my theme?-
Just click on 'edit my account' on the sidebar (later the UserCP from the navbar) and select 'Change Style'.

-Other news-
Pet sorting has been added to the site and variants are being tested. (You can find a berry flan and pumpkinless cat on my profile)
The survey will be open for the rest of the week before closing. Thank you everyone that participated!
The holiday shop will be closing soon to make way for the summer shop (it's long overdue). A spring adoptable will be included to make up for the missed spring. After the summer shop opens, all seasonal shops will no longer be manually opened and closed by me; they will automatically rotate.

Last edited by Dinocanid; 06-13-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:12 PM

Looking good :D Automatically rotating shops is a brilliant idea XD Less work for you XD

EDIT: This error popped up on my header on FoodBabs:
PHP Code:
Parse errorsyntax errorunexpected ':' in /home/adopttes/public_html/classes/class_widget.php(112) : eval()'d code on line 2 
Just to let you know lol

Old 06-13-2017, 12:27 PM

Oh yeah, I fixed it. That was showing up because I was trying to add a new module to the right sidebar and I ran into a syntax error lol.