Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 08-10-2013, 11:17 AM

Credits: 3,251
Brookreed is on a distinguished road
Default Certain Pages Redirect?

My site is nearly done, but there's one big problem that, no matter how much I search the forums or stare at the codes, I do not understand. Certain pages will not work, and redirect to the index page.

I kept a list as I worked, see for yourself:
Daycare
All links on Messages page
All links on search page
Shops (when you click on the arrow to enter the shop, it redirects)
Links to member pages (cannot view a member's profile), nor own.
Change Password
Change Email
View and Manage FriendList
More Profile Settings
Change Other Settings
Custom Pages created in the ACP will not load to their proper pages/view/pageurl page.
Levelup link
Get BBCode Link
Manage an Adoptable

Everything redirects to the homepage. Basically, any default link on the main part of the page doesn't work.

It's a bit frustrating, because, you know, these are necessary links. Users can't send messages, or levelup adoptables, or even enter a shop. Does it have something to do with the main php files? I know that there is no daycare.php file...

So...help? I barely know how to PHP code, but I sort of understand how the files work. I just need help figuring out why this is happening.

I'm using FireFox and IE as browsers to test it, using Mys 1.3.3, and using x10hosting as a host.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Artist

Credits: 15,449
pachoofoosh is on a distinguished road

Is your site in a subfolder/subdirectory? If so, is the subfolder/subdirectory called 'adopt'? I find that whenever I try to install Mys under a subfolder named 'adopt', there tends to be a lot of errors with displaying pages. Maybe, if this is the case, try renaming the folder your adopts site is installed in to something else (And editing the inc/config.php with your new subfolder name)? c:

If that doesn't work, maybe try asking your host if they have mod_rewrite enabled, and if not, if they could enable it? Or if that doesn't work, try checking if your php version is 5.3 and wasn't switched back to 5.2 without your noticing. That's happened to me a couple times in the past, where the host changes your php version back to the default. ^^

Last edited by pachoofoosh; 08-10-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:20 PM

It's installed directly into public_html :/ But it appears the PHP version of the host is 3.3.5, and can only go up to 4.0.5. So...is there any way I could change the PHP version?

Thanks for the reply, by the way~
Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Artist

Credits: 15,449
pachoofoosh is on a distinguished road

Huh, that's really odd. I thought x10 offers php 5? Most sites I've seen on that host ran just fine :o
You could try sending in a help ticket to ask if your php version could be upgraded to 5.3? ^^

No problem! c:

Last edited by pachoofoosh; 08-10-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Okay, I think the PHP version was just displaying incorrectly on one of the pages. It is the correct PHP version. But the pages still don't work...

Bump~ I know the pages can work with my host, I found another site using the same host and script...I just can't figure out what's wrong.

Second bump...I hate to spam like this, but I really need to find a solution. This is literally the one thing holding my site back from opening.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,010
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well I doubt there was even a PHP 3.3.5 version at all, it must mean PHP 5.3.5. I do know that the script glitches for users running PHP versions below 5.3.9, but there are easy ways to get around. It has nothing to do with page redirect though, unfortunately.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:52 AM

Alright so...do you know what I should do to fix it? I know it works with the host, because I've been on someone else's site on the same host where it worked. Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply, by the way~
Old 08-18-2013, 01:43 PM

Umm how about redownloading the script and re-uploading every script file? I do remember the routing was glitchy for the very first Mys v1.3.3 released, but it was fixed 2 days later. Perhaps you got the earlier version.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:47 PM

Alright, what exactly do you mean by script files? Hopefully I don't have to reupload all 1,181 files, so where exactly should I be reuploading?
Old 08-18-2013, 04:39 PM

umm how about just reuploading the classes/class_router.php file and see if it works? There was a glitch with the router class, although I made sure to fix it immediately after it was detected.