Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Addons and Modifications > Mys v1.3.x Mods

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 03:13 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,514
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Modded Version of 1.3.4. **Please read instructions ^^

I am sharing this heavily modded version of 1.3.4.

It comes with a Sql you will import into an empty database.

Do NOT do a fresh install of the site.

X All I ask is if there are Mods made to make this work better (colorpicker for customs, flattened images for imageurl with markings and bases flattened, etc etc) --- that you share them with me. Thank you! <3

**You will have places you will need to change to your url --- breeding and others may be needed to be altered ------

my site for this is felis.club ( club in place of com ). Change accordingly.

You'll want to add a new user by registering. Admin is on there and is kind of defunct since it was my main acct.

Just register and make that acct another Admin by making the user group 1.

Upload the provided zip and extract wherever you want to use this :)

Go into config.php and add your own goodies correctly for the database.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/na045h..._8_13_2020.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1he63d...ccess+(2)/file

All credit obviously to HOF and all the great Mod creators here, Kyttias, Abronsyth, Dinocaid, Kristhasirah, and all the rest.

This is a heavily modded version of 1.3.4.

It has, among other things:

1. Merged Breeding - to show the merged images as your main images for the pets, you will need to go into Class_OwnedAdoptable and take off the places it shows *$marking_1* etc etc.

Just leave the imageurl part to show. Imageurl is where the merged image of a gen 2 or higher will live after it's created!

This was a mod I paid 300 bucks for years and years ago and HOF kindly worked it to integrate into this framework.

2. The sparring and training Mod by Abronsyth.

3. The health and happiness Mod and pet sort by Dinocaid.

4. A way to apply layers in front of and behind the Pet, for markings, backgrounds, toys etc.

Kyttias helped a lot for this, and I worked out the rest on my own :)

It's all set to do this, you don't need to do anything but add the item.

I'll include a run down of the functions you want to use, for each item.

Toys/Pet pets live in 'slots'. Basically fields in sql. Add one and it may or may not bump what was there, or it may go to a different one, you want to indicate what goes where, for the buyer of the item - so they can decide. Backgrounds of course always bump the previous.

Markings too have 'slots', same deal.

These Markings will be passed down according to a set rule.

5. A custom page, for purchasing custom bases.

It's just a modded adopt page, but it does the trick. I've tried to incorporate a colour picker for a custom generator for a long time to no avail.

You set the adopts you want available for customs as 'always' avail and they will show here.

Members pay a cost to buy new Bases for them, and Markings. That's where the 'profit' so to speak is. The 'base' Base is free.

You can make different species avail at different times.

6. This is very, very important:

Due to the nature of the way it's set up, if you want to do Advanced OR Heuristic breeding --

you MUST make sure the Markings are all going to work for the different species!

Because they are going to get applied, and obviously what fits a 'fox' form will not fit on a 'moose' form - unless you make sure it does.

These Markings get passed down to the kids, even if you aren't using merged.

7. Making Markings/Bases :

They must have a transparent background to them. However you make your markings, make sure to clear the area around the marking itself. Otherwise it will not work correctly.

Same for the Bases.

And same for the original Pet image - what I usually call 'Fox_Custom.png' etc etc.

Always pngs.

8. I'm still having some issues with Trade Center (Swap Meet) and a few random things. You may find some bugs, some glitches and I apologize for them. I also am NOT very php savvy but I do the best I can.

I won't be able to offer a ton of support for this re worked version, not because I don't want to, but because I suck at it xD

I will happily explain anything the best I can.

I guess thats all - I will be working on getting a version zipped that has as few references to my Site as possible ( will be replaces with YourSite ).

I'll also include a phpMyadmin sql for you, so you can just upload the zip and extract, add a database for yourself and then import in the sql --- and then go mod the config.php file to reflect that.

DO NOT do a fresh install first!!

Sometimes .htaccess gives an issue, I will include the one I use at Mediafire too.

I don't have a way to flatten a final image and show it, due to the way the layers are set up. You may be able to Mod that.

This is the culmination of years and years of modding and work and I'd like to share it.

As you see ---I have several of the mods added from the Forum, the last one I added was the users shop one -- but it isn't working properly in one respect, the way the images are set up, they are covering the entire 'buy' area in usershop when the pet comes up. Everything else seems ok.

So that may be something someone else would be able to cure ^^

I use Bootstrap.

The layering does NOT work on other themes, maybe someone else can fix that ^^

****NOTE re: merged breeding and layers ----

The way it's set up, the layers of markings may cover the main merged imageurl of the pet. You can remove the aspects that show the layers completely in class_ownedadoptable.

You can also go to class_breeding and mess with the merged breeding image stuff for opacity etc.

Last edited by Missy Master; 06-10-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:18 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

I am still writing up the added items functions list and will have that up by tonight.

There's several new functions, but you should be able to get this installed OK.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:19 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Also, this is NOT an Upgrade as such. If you try to just upgrade it will likely break your Site, I do not recommend it!

It's meant as a new install, or a replacement.

as always, back up, back up, and then back up again xx
Old 10-26-2020, 07:10 PM

Credits: 5,370
Phoeniix is on a distinguished road

is there anyway to get a tutorial on how to do this?
Old 11-11-2020, 11:23 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,953
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Trying this out. A couple of notes:

- Use the mediafire link for the files, not the one attached to the forum post (its broken/has tiny file size), for the files. (For the SQL, use the one attached to the forum post, as its not linked in the post itself.)
- There are a lot of unnecessary files in the zip, including *two* folders with a copy of the base Mysidia folders and zip files. There's probably a lot of other stuff also taking up unnecessary room, but oh well.
- After everything is in place and the SQL has been imported, head into inc/config.php to put in your database info.
- Create an account like an ordinary user, then go into adopts_users in the database and change the usergroup to 1 as instructed. (And paste the salt and password from your new account into the Admin entry, tbh.)
- Trade/publics page will throw a fatal error because it's trying to find items and users that don't exist because there the adopts_trade table in the database has contents referencing trades from the OP's site. Go into that table, check all, delete.
- The sidebar links OFFSITE to the OP's website for many of the links, rather than to a remote directory. You can either fix this by logging into the AdminCP to change the sidebar links or in the database adopts_link table. (Be sure to click "show all" as there are 47 rows here and not all may be displayed!!) Just remove the OP's direct website link from all the links.
Code:
http://felis.club/trade/publics
should become
Code:
trade/publics
- There are a few more locations that the OP's website is directly used as the link, so these should be changed:
colorchoose.php on lines 20, 22, and 24
colorchoose_color.php on lines 65, 66, and 67
classes/class_breeding.php on lines 202 and 204
classes/class_trade.php on line 57
(If you have a nice file editor, it should be safe to replace all instances of "http://felis.club/" with "" in all files. You shouldn't need to fill this in with your own website's url.)

- - -
"NOTICE" ERRORS
Now that the site is up enough to be visited, I went in and fixed the notice issues manually (if you have these muted, these notice "errors" won't show up). Most of these errors have to do with variables being used without being defined first (because PHP is usually smart enough to fill these with empty values if they aren't defined, but if you have the settings on to let it complain, it sure will). If you want to leave your hosting's error view on so you can pinpoint your problems more easily, here's all the fixes:

- In classes/class_guirenderer.php on line 184, change
PHP Code:
if($this->thematicBreak$this->renderThematicBreak(); 
to
PHP Code:
if(isset($this->thematicBreak)){ $this->renderThematicBreak(); } 
- In classes/class_radiolist.php on line 43 change
PHP Code:
public function add(RadioButton $radio$index = -1){ 
to
PHP Code:
public function add(GUIComponent $radio$index = -1){ 
- In classes/class_pagination.php on line 51 replace
PHP Code:
if($margin || $padding){ 
with
PHP Code:
if(isset($margin) || isset($padding)){ 
- In classes/class_ownedadoptable.php on line 548, replace
PHP Code:
   if ( $this->background
with
PHP Code:
   if ( isset($this->background) ) 
- Same file, in classes/class_ownedadoptable.php, there are several undefined variables throwing a notice, so lets go up to line 547 and just add
PHP Code:
$marking=""$marking1 ""$marking2 ""$marking3 ""$marking4 ""$marking5 ""$marking6 ""
- In clases/class_petview.php on line 74, add
PHP Code:
$stats ""
immediately before the foreach loop starts (not inside it, before it).
- In classes/class_router.php on line 176, 177 and 180, replace
PHP Code:
$params[$index
with
PHP Code:
isset($params[$index]) 
- make sure not to lose any closing ) if your text editor has a not-smart typeahead.
- In view/levelupview.php on line 48 $gender has not been defined. Add line
PHP Code:
$gender ""
- In view/pageviews.php on line 6 replace
PHP Code:
if($this->flags$this->redirect(3"../../index"); 
with
PHP Code:
if(isset($this->flags)){ $this->redirect(3"../../index"); } 

- - - - - -

That said -- I got everything installed and I'll continue to poke around a little. Thank you for providing your source code!

I wish it came with example items, lol~

Last edited by Kyttias; 11-11-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:32 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

I cannot believe I hadn't responded to this, I really thought I had and then life happened.

The site is revamped now, and seems to be working very well -- apologies for it not being seen to and for the ups and downs, it's been a rough, rough year last year! Things are a lot better now and I will be pulling down the old Code and uploading the new one I use for felis club now.

I feel its really improved.

I'm not good at tutorials, Phoeniix sorry. All that I posted was intended to be my try at it.

Thank you Kyttias for all this work and help and observation on it! I really really appreciate it!! :)

Apologies again for the late reply, I would have bet I had replied here ages ago but I would have lost that bet xD

I will be doing this on the new Forum :)

Last edited by Missy Master; 06-10-2021 at 03:47 PM.