Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM

Credits: 993
Tanya is on a distinguished road
Default Mysidia Not Installing

This is really weird because, I've installed Mysidia several times. I have played with it a few times in the past, and since free hosting usually deletes your sites if you don't check in with them for awhile, they usually end up getting deleted and I make them again.

Going through the same motions recently, however....for some reason, it is not installing? I have gone through all of the motions-downloading the zip, uploading to public_html through filezilla, making inc and image files 777, then going through the installation after a database is setup. I have linked the database correctly, I think, or else it would give me an error and not let me proceed. When I finish installation and go to the websites main page, it says the page cannot be loaded.

What could the problem possibly be? I suppose maybe I could pay someone to set a site up for me, but I have done all of this before. I don't understand why it is not working now. I have the most recent version of mysidia downloaded, any ideas of what I could have done wrong?
Old 06-25-2019, 03:20 AM

Credits: 2,160
csunberry is on a distinguished road

Did you check the error logs? I tried installing the original, instead of the Deluxe, but it tells me that that, "text/x-generic error_log ( ASCII text )
[24-Jun-2019 22:54:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use Resource\Native\String as String because 'String' is a special class name in myworld/classes/class_controller.php on line 4" I was wondering if it says that in the error log, too?
Old 06-26-2019, 12:42 PM

Credits: 1,409
echodino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by csunberry View Post
Did you check the error logs? I tried installing the original, instead of the Deluxe, but it tells me that that, "text/x-generic error_log ( ASCII text )
[24-Jun-2019 22:54:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot use Resource\Native\String as String because 'String' is a special class name in myworld/classes/class_controller.php on line 4" I was wondering if it says that in the error log, too?
oh. same thing happens yo mee too!
Old 06-27-2019, 08:52 PM

Well, at least we are getting the same error.

I can't post in the bug tracker area, or I would.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:46 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,951
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Just double checking, you guys aren't trying to install onto a server with PHP7, right? It'll really only operate on the PHP5-series stuff.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:39 PM

Credits: 993
Tanya is on a distinguished road

Yes, I'm getting the same error too!

I can't install it on 10xhost for some reason, but I did get it running on 000webhost by changing the PHP!
Old 06-28-2019, 11:10 PM

Yea, I figured that it was the PHP, but didn't know what version. Gator seems to only go back as far as 7.0. Are there some reccomdenations for hosting with 5?
Old 06-29-2019, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,951
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Keep in mind that game-related scripts can't be hosted on 000webhost so it's a ticking timebomb that's against the Terms of Service there.

If you don't want the fear of free hosts deleting your hard work if you shelf it for a few months because life gets in the way, I can recommend some cheap hosting! Hostinger constantly has sales (don't be fooled by their front page saying there's only so many hours left, they have these sales about as often as a clothing store I used to work for does, it's frankly ridiculous, they should just advertise it as the price it is, since it's on sale more often than not). It's at 80 cents a month for the cheapest package on sale, and it's easy to move up from there to a more expensive package should your project ever take off. (Or... on Black Friday, when the more expensive packages also go on sale.)

You should be able to change your PHP version in Hostinger's control panel and even turn off and on extensions freely. Their chat support is also wonderful, if you ever have questions or need to report an outage.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:48 AM

Tysm for the hosting tip!!! I got it working. :)