Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 05-12-2014, 01:59 PM

Credits: 4,508
PokeFerno is on a distinguished road
Default Adding a Theme

I just uploaded the Spire theme to the site and now idk what to do. I tried adding it to my adopts sites but then it asks for header/footer/css and I tried opening the themes folder and I can't find ANY of that. Someone help thank you!
Old 05-12-2014, 02:30 PM

Credits: 19,378
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

What is the specific error?

That spire theme is a year old, I don't know if the styling changed in one year, if it did you will need to make some changes.

Basically, the way it works now, the HTML to structure the page is in .tpl files. I advise to check out header.tpl and template.tpl. The footer, sidebar, menu, etc. is added in template.tpl.

The code you downloaded must come with these .tpl files as well as the .css to style the page. In your admin panel, you can create the theme by copying the .css, template and header and once the new folder is created add any extra files the new theme needs. Or maybe going to your themes folder, picking a theme (main for example) and trying to change the files there to the new ones you downloaded will be easier

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,387
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

For further reference, when installing a theme, it is very easily to accidentally override the files you've uploaded if you're not careful.

Once you have the files in place, go to Admin CP and down to Themes and install the theme there by entering the name of theme and and the name of the folder (usually the same thing). To install an existing theme from uploaded files, however, you must leave the header, body and style part all blank. Instead, in at least in Mysidia v1.3.4, you must click on the checkbox beside 'The style has been uploaded to the site, and is pending for installation' at the very bottom of the theme creation form.

Not checking that box will wipe the files you uploaded if you manually put them in place instead of entering the information in.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,840
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Ditto to what Kyttias said. The theme settings is kinda confusing at times, installing themes and creating new themes are two different things and you should definitely know what they are. The former means that you are installing a theme made by a third party styler/designer, the latter is what you do when you create your own theme directly in ACP.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.