Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Sites Showcase

Notices

Old 08-12-2014, 02:33 PM

Credits: 48,155
Hwona is on a distinguished road
Smile Caterpillar Cave

Caterpillar Cave is finally ready for BETA testing!
Site: Caterpillar Cave Site
Forums: Forums(I couldn't create an integrated one)

Caterpillar Cave is a click-to-raise adoptable site where you can adopt adorable fuzz-formation-style caterpillars, mercaterpillars, winged caterpillars, and other creatures from Drameria. You can also feed them food from various shops to add clicks too!
All site pets so far have 6 levels and all caterpillar-kind creatures fully mature at 50 clicks.

Pets can be found in various shops throughout the map, the pound, or with a promocode.

You can also breed pets with a chance of breeding new breeding-exclusive outcomes. As of now, there are several caterpillar combinations that will breed new pets, but I'm constantly adding more! If you want some hints on what combinations exist, check out the National Library's creature guide (in Valatia on the map) and see if you can use the offspring's images and descriptions to figure out who the parents should be!

But don't worry, if you can't buy or breed a pet that you want, you can always trade for it at the trading center! If you happen not to like any of the existing species, you can request a custom with the custom system!

And if you don't like breeding or swapping, you can buy items from the market to raise your pets' random-generated stats. They'll earn ribbons and value as their stats increase!

And if even that isn't your cup of tea, you can spend your time customizing your pets by naming them, changing their gender, writing biographies for them, giving them backgrounds, etc.

Also enjoy our expanding collection of Drameria-related lore/backstories! You can find some in the National Library which is is Valatia(check the map). There's not much there at the moment, but that'll slowly change.

I understand that some of the older graphics aren't phenomenal, but that's simply because I had to draw everything by mouse back then. We're planning to focus on slowly filling up the site with nicer, neater art!

Site plot(Sorry about it being so lengthy!):
  Spoiler: Really long brief overview of plot 
Amidst the chaos of the imaginary realm, strange events are occuring. Among the affected oddities is an infinite ocean that has suddenly morphed into a small, Earth-resembling planet called “Drameria”. The enormous flower, Hakeonaris, that drifted upon the sea, transforms into a flower-shaped island chain and the caterpillars that inhabited it became unusual fuzz formations that never matured past the “caterpillar” stage. New continents are rising and bizarre new species are emerging... all by the will of the imaginary world’s single creator, Nayomi.

However, by the time of Nayomi’s death, Drameria would only be preserved by the fragments of her essence which she left in the collar of her most precious imaginary companion. She had hoped this would allow the planet to continue the dream of Drameria by itself. But little did she know that the events of Drameria’s history wouldn’t unfold the way she’d intended them to.

~*~*~*~

Sometime after Nayomi’s death, on Earth, Nayomi’s birth planet, Earth had become overcrowded and a group of international volunteers were prepared to participate in an attempt to transport people from Earth(in the realm of the existent) to Ecosith(a prepared planet in the realm of the imaginary). Unlike most of the previous volunteers, the particular group was successfully transported to the imaginary realm... just to the wrong planet. Instead of Ecosith, the group found themselves upon the unfamiliar land of Drameria. However, although only several years had passed on Earth, millions had past on Drameria. The continents had rearranged themselves, and the various creatures had adapted for their survival.

Now, the new mostly uneducated arrivals would have to rebuild society from scratch with almost no knowledge and supply of modern technology, difficulty communicating with those who spoke other languages, and abolutely no understanding of Drameria. Civilization would fall back in time and reemerge anything but modern.

~*~*~*~

Thousands of years after humans arrived on Drameria, the lost island chain of Hakeonaris(renamed as “Hakeoro” after someone discovered the former name in a time-preserved record left by Nayomi) is rediscovered accidentally in the midst of a war between Eradal and Faerin(2 Dramerian countries). Eradal’s attempts to set up a government there as a kingdom under the Eradalian Empire leads to a vicious battle between 2 parties for the Hakeorean throne.

The catch is that the first party is headed by a supporter of Eradal while the leader of the second party belongs to a poweful clan that’s eager to dismember ties with Eradal if they are to claim the throne. The first group’s leader is young and inexperienced while the second group’s leader was a high government official. Now, both sides are battling for the support of the Eradalians that followed them to the new land by demonstrating their ability to control and care for the population and rule the nation. However, while the second group has the advantage of an experienced leader, as the rediscoverer of Hakeoro, the first group’s leader is the most familiar with Hakeoro’s perks and is the only one known to understand and be able to utilize the full potential of the island chain’s precious Hakeorean Caterpillars. In fact, most know that without the first leader, Hakeoro would lose it’s greatest asset, the caterpillars.

~*~*~*~

The site is set in the middle of this conflict in Hakeoro, where Hakeorean Caterpillars are everywhere and everyone is scrambling to uncover the mysteries of the island chain and its creature inhabitants. Some simply want them as pets, others want to train them to aid their work... and some prepare them for more special projects.

Enjoy!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,100
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Ooh! Pretty! I really like your site. I wish I had the time/energy to join. The ice fairy one is my favorite.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:15 AM

Hello everyone! I really didn't want to have to announce this and apologize for not havung done so earlier, but I'm struggling with schoolwork and other affaris and won't have the time to work on the site for a while. I'm sorry. :(
Old 12-06-2014, 03:58 AM
ChibiFur Queen

Credits: 3,685
AndromedaKerova is on a distinguished road

I can't seem to be able to create an account. I fill out all the forms info properly but after clicking the button to submit it, the page attempts to load something but the link stays as: http://caterpillarcave.com/register
I use chrome and all that it shows is a sad file aimage and This webpage is not available
Old 04-13-2015, 01:07 AM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,507
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

I really wanted to ask you how you got the backgrounds to work for this?

Your site is beautiful BTW!!! I am really interested in getting backgrounds to function on my own site ....
Old 04-17-2015, 11:11 PM

Default A Sincere Apology

Hello everyone,
I'd like to make(finally) a formal apology for my absence from the site and forums - especially because everyone was so supportive. I've been very busy with matters of real life and have been terrible at updating progress and creating new features. I have been trying to create new features, but I have been stuck in a terrible dilema about how to move forward with the site. I don't have the ability to fufill my ambitions and have been trying to learn more coding to make my plans possible, but I've also realized that the site needs some attention. I have and will be tinkering behind the scenes with some plans, but I can't guarantee that anyone will notice anything as I continue to struggle to implement everything I want to. I know I don't deserve your faith for this mess, but for those who will be so kind to give me a second chance, I haven't given up yet. I'll try to throw some peeks at what I'm working on from now on. Here are my plan for the site:

Make games and explorations for training caterpillars and earning currency
Update adoptable art (I'm thinking about making large animated images to display on pet pages)
I finally have an idea about how to solidify the site's back story and lore
I'll be looking to polish the background and training systems
Possibly more interaction with the caterpillars

Thank you so much everyone! Please be prepared for site chaos - updating will hopefully begin soon and will definitely begin during the summer.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Pet-Sim.Online

Credits: 44,507
Missy Master is an unknown quantity at this point

OOOO I can't wait to see!! I just love your 'pillers, they are so colorful and the whole site is just so cute!!

Hang in there, it can get really tiring and all but in the end it's worth it!
Old 04-17-2015, 11:46 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,936
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Your caterpillars have always reminded me of these cute things I was taught to make at a 4H summer day camp. Basically we cut apart an empty egg carton, did some fancy stuff with yarn...? And glued the yarn to the egg carton. Inevitably it looked like a fluffy ball with yarn as fur, and we glued jiggly eyes to it and used pipe cleaners (those little wires covered in fuzz that come in lots of colors) as antennae and glued flowers made of craft foam to it. I really didn't understand, but they sure were cute and craft projections always entertain kids.

Anyway, I'm always lurking the forums so I'm glad to help out if code just isn't playing nice for you.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:10 PM
ChibiFur Queen

Credits: 3,685
AndromedaKerova is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately it seems the registration is still broken so I can't make an account. Dx
Old 04-18-2015, 03:51 PM

Default Re

Thanks a bunch guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndromedaKerova View Post
Unfortunately it seems the registration is still broken so I can't make an account. Dx
It is? I'm not sure... I don't think anyone else is having such a problem, but I'll do a check.
Edit: Umm, it's working for me... are you sure you filled in all the forms?

Anyhow, I'd like to introduce you all to...

CATERPILLAR 4.0!!!
Thoughts? I was thinking about slowly(very slowly) making large, pretty images for each caterpillar species rather than a tiny one - I miss the days when I used to give caterpillars their own unique poses and such. I've also realized thet it will be hard for me to make the site enjoyable with really teachy features, so I might try to focus more on the artistic and creative elements. I've also been thinking about possibly animating these... but that depends on how much time that will take and whether or not I can get the software for that...

Last edited by Hwona; 04-18-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Tags
caterpillars, sites