Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 03:21 AM

Credits: 5,695
OceanLove
Default Which hoster is better?

http://www.hostmonster.com/hosting-features.htm

https://www.vistapages.com/hosting/linux-web-hosting.php

http://www.hosting24.com

VistaPages or Host Monster or Hosting24 is better? Or any other host? Please state.

Hosting24 said this
Quote:
Unlimited disk space? How is that possible?

While it may sound unrealistic - it's true - with Hosting24.com you receive unlimited disk space and bandwidth - and it's guaranteed by the company owner itself.

Where is the trick? No tricks at all. You get what you see. Even if your account will use 10 GB of disk space, we will never kick you off and you can continue uploading. Let us explain, how it works.

These days server disk drives are dirty cheap - for example, we get 1000GB disk drive for just $40 per month. So, if some day, we will start running out of disk space, will simply attach new disk drive and you can continue uploading without interruptions. At the moment we have over 5000 customers and the biggest account takes "only" 15 GB of disk space, so even on the worst scenario, we could still put 60 such customers on a single disk drive and then attach new disk drive with the minimal costs.

But, there is one thing you should know - all files you store on your account must be legal. For example, you cannot put music that is copyrighted - only music that you have permission to distribute or the music that you have created yourself can be uploaded to your account. You cannot put any copyrighted photos or videos too, only your own material.

Unlimited Bandwidth

Unlimited data transfer becomes normal these days too. Our internet service provider is giving us dedicated and unmetered 10 mpbs line on each server, so we can offer unlimited bandwidth for you too! Please also note that all files you make available for download must be legal too and you must have full permissions to distribute them.
http://www.hosting24.com/unlimited.php
Old 09-19-2008, 03:27 AM

OceanLove
Default RE: Which hoster is better?

I know there is more, but I can't find other that is better
Old 09-19-2008, 04:26 AM

Credits: 4,281
Rsmiley

freewebspace.net/forum

Lots of good ones

:D
Old 09-19-2008, 08:17 AM

OceanLove

I am talking about paid. Moreover, I am not asking for ALL, I want good examples. And check out my examples, their hosting packages are really attractive.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 AM

Credits: 10,708
BMR777 is on a distinguished road

Both of these appear to be nice but are probably not good. They are most likely oversold. Notice how they give you "unlimited" disk space. In the web hosting business "unlimited" does not exist! Once you start to use too many resources then they will suspend your account for sure. :)

BMR777
Old 09-19-2008, 10:07 AM

OceanLove

I see.. They are rated top 10 and some the first in some web hosters rating websites??

What about www.hostgater.com/
Old 09-19-2008, 10:12 AM

Hostgator is not for free forum hosting. They will shut down your account once you start to use too much.

Also, some of those website review sites are rigged. The hosts pay to be rated. Also, some sites the uptime monitors are a bit bugged so they don't show true downtime.

BMR777
Old 09-19-2008, 10:15 AM

OceanLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR777
Hostgator is not for free forum hosting. They will shut down your account once you start to use too much.

Also, some of those website review sites are rigged. The hosts pay to be rated. Also, some sites the uptime monitors are a bit bugged so they don't show true downtime.

BMR777
I'm looking for paid hosting. Hostgater doesn't seem to have unlimited space, but bandwidth yes, which is very common. I have expected that they did their own reviews and stuffs to make their customers believe it, and thats why I was trying to discuss here.. BMR, what hoster did you use then?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:19 AM

Unlimited bandwidth is not common, heck, it's very rare! I suggest that you do check out http://freewebspace.net/forum. That's not just free hosts but paid as well. There you can request a host for your specific needs at a specific price. Also let them know you will be offering free forum hosting. Some will be fine with this and some won't be.

BMR777
Old 09-19-2008, 10:22 AM

OceanLove

I see.. But what did you use?