Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 05-07-2017, 10:23 PM

Credits: 7,839
KatFennec is on a distinguished road
Default Account registration issues after Domain name change

After a domain name change and associated migration from x10's free hosting to paid hosting, our site has been failing to properly create the relevant entries for accounts in the database, other than in the adopts_users table. Does anyone know where I would look to see about fixing that?
Old 05-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 332,907
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well if you are experiencing user registration issue, you should look into all the tables with adopts_users_*. Go to the tab operation and check their auto-increment IDs, are these IDs matching each other? If not, you should alter them to be the same number, or it will not be able to insert rows properly to database.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Credits: 28,384
kristhasirah

first check your config.php file in the inc/ folder and see is everything match with the new domain, and if you have also installed the forum, you need to update the database: mybb_settings in there you change the url to the new url domain, then delete the settings.php in the forum/inc/ folder or where you installed the forum. a new setting.php file will be created automatically with the new info.

then you will also need to update the images files you already have, because if you used the upload image from the adimincp the complete url is added to the database the tables you need to look are:
filesmap, levels and items
you can use one of the codes from here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-a-mysql-query to update the tables with the new info, for me the first answer always work (the one that says: For a single table update)
Old 05-08-2017, 02:20 PM

Credits: 8,428
aquapyrofan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristhasirah View Post
first check your config.php file in the inc/ folder and see is everything match with the new domain, and if you have also installed the forum, you need to update the database: mybb_settings in there you change the url to the new url domain, then delete the settings.php in the forum/inc/ folder or where you installed the forum. a new setting.php file will be created automatically with the new info.

then you will also need to update the images files you already have, because if you used the upload image from the adimincp the complete url is added to the database the tables you need to look are:
filesmap, levels and items
you can use one of the codes from here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-a-mysql-query to update the tables with the new info, for me the first answer always work (the one that says: For a single table update)
Most of that was done (aside from forum settings, but that's irrelevant to this next point) but new pages that were added did not work either (in addition to it not generating signup files properly), while they worked fine on another site with a fresh install, so we opted to back everything up and do a clean install of the script itself (as in, wipe all the files and reinstall, and then put all the modifications back)
Old 05-09-2017, 01:05 AM

Credits: 7,839
KatFennec is on a distinguished road

I believe what I need to know at this point is, which file contains the commands to write the new account info to the database tables? NB It is NOT register.php or registerview.php, I've already dug through those.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:46 AM

kristhasirah

is in one of the class_vist.php or visitor.. cant remember the correct name... but i don't think you can do much in those files... i still think something is not correctly configured in the config file when you installed the script in the new domain.... because i have moved lots of times the full files even the database to different hosts and the only file i needed to change was the config file.. question the new domain is the one in your siggy? or is a different one? if is a different one: is the script installed directly in the public folder? or inside of a folder in the public folder? because that can affect a little how the script works if is not correctly configured the config.php...I Hope you can solve the problem soon.

edit:
the correct filename is: class_visitor.php

Last edited by kristhasirah; 05-09-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:49 AM

Credits: 8,428
aquapyrofan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristhasirah View Post
is in one of the class_vist.php or visitor.. cant remember the correct name... but i don't think you can do much in those files... i still think something is not correctly configured in the config file when you installed the script in the new domain.... because i have moved lots of times the full files even the database to different hosts and the only file i needed to change was the config file.. question the new domain is the one in your siggy? or is a different one? if is a different one: is the script installed directly in the public folder? or inside of a folder in the public folder? because that can affect a little how the script works if is not correctly configured the config.php...I Hope you can solve the problem soon.

edit:
the correct filename is: class_visitor.php
It's installed in a sub folder (because it's a subdomain, the one shown in the signature image), but that has literally never been an issue in either the free hosting or in other sites wher we're using Mysidia on the paid hosting because it's directly in the subdomain's folder. However, with the paid hosting, there are all kinds of errors cropping up. I think the best solution is essentially to start over, as while the account creation issues were mod dependency ones (i.e. forgetting to change a value after clean installing), the admin cp is virtually unusable because editing links, items, and adoptables just will not work. It throws an error from the admin cp, and the links can't even be modified from the database. Additionally, pages added post-migration aren't functioning either, which is likely due to the old database, while ones added before that work fine.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:25 AM

kristhasirah

what kind of error gives you the admincp.... because a few days ago i was unable to use the admincp because i accidentally moved the admincp template to a different folder.
But if for some reason the links don't open to display the rest of the links then go to the class_adminsidebar.php and in the end of the file find: protected function addClass(ArrayList $components){
and remove all the accordion word, it should end looking like this:
PHP Code:
    protected function addClass(ArrayList $components){

$components->get(0)->setClass("Button");
        for(
$i 1$i $components->size(); $i += 2){

$components->get($i)->setClass("Button"); 

$components->get($i 1)->setClass("Content");            
        }
        return 
$components;

}