Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 AM
bruh

Credits: 35,694
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road
Default Forum registeration

Is it possible so that when someone registers on the Mys site, they also register on a MyBB forum automatically??

If so... how?? o.O I'd appreciate any help! Thank you XD

(Yus, I am thinking of creating a site using Mys :3)

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!

Last edited by ChibiMaestro; 04-22-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,908
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well yes, this is what the forum integration does. In fact they also automatically log into both of their accounts in Mys v1.3.1, which is an improvement over the old script in which they have to sign in twice.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 AM
bruh

Ergh, so how would I install the forum so that it'll be 'connected'?
OH WAIT. That's what happens when I'm lazy and I skip things ._. Just read the Mys 1.3.1 thread again o.O *facepalm*

Thanks Hoffie ^-^

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:02 AM

No worries, glad you figured it out. The forum integration at this point is able to register the user on both adoptables site and forum, while logging them in simultaneously if they sign in from the site. It is a good idea to disable forum registration to avoid confusion(if a user registers on the forum before on the adoptables site, you may have a problem).

Note the forum integration does not update forum statistics yet, so you have to do it manually when you see some users register. It is not necessary, but will make your site look somewhat better.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:25 PM
bruh

Okay, I'm still confused on what exactly to do o.O Can you explain in detail? Thanks ^-^

~C.Maestro
Old 04-22-2012, 01:29 PM

Well you need to install the adoptables site and forum separately, then edit the file config_forums.php to enter your forum config data. Make sure to change $mybbenabled to 1 to enable forum integration, 0 means the integration is disabled. Its recommended to turn off forum registration so users can only register on the adoptables site(and their corresponding forum account will be generated simultaneously once their site account is created).

Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 PM
bruh

OOH. I GOT IT.
I test registered, but then I got this on the Mys site's register page:

Warning: include(../inc/config_forums.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cunicu/domains/sitename.com/public_html/functions/functions.php on line 306

Warning: include(../inc/config_forums.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cunicu/domains/sitename.com/public_html/functions/functions.php on line 306

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../inc/config_forums.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cunicu/domains/sitename.com/public_html/functions/functions.php on line 306

I edited the stuff above to replace my site URL to 'sitename.com'... what's the problem?
Is it because I left $mybbpath = ''; as it is? Am I supposed to?

~C.Maestro

Last edited by ChibiMaestro; 04-22-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:02 PM

Well this has nothing to do with mybbpath... Your register.php is located in the root directory, it should not be reporting errors/warnings like Warning: include(../inc/config_forums.php). Did you edit the register.php file? o_o

Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 PM
bruh

Nope, I didn't edit it at all o.O

I tried adding /forum as the path, just in case ya'know, still no difference at all. I tried re-registering... NO DIFFERENCE ._.

I don't think this is a really big error, just quite not appealing when you register, and a code/thing appears o.O

~C.Maestro

Last edited by ChibiMaestro; 04-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:37 AM
bruh

Erm, anyone think they know the problem?

~C.Maestro