Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 AM

Credits: 19,381
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
Ah, what if I just wanted the number of pending friend requests, but not a list of names? Is that simpler? (Is exploding supposed to sound dangerous, because it does.) I'll take a closer look in a few minutes, but I really can't thank you enough for all this help. ovo~

I could probably make a tooltip with a fun combination of Smarty conditionals and Javascript, that if the 'pending requests' are 'greater than 0', hovering over the notification would pull down a notification with, if I knew how to get this information, the pending friend(s) names and links to confirm or deny them without the need to travel to a new page. But that sounds more ambitious than I want to trouble myself with for tonight.

On a similar vein, if the messages in the inbox were 'greater than zero', to hover over the number and show some basic information, like the message titles (wherein clicking a specific title would take you to that specific message as well) and the senders, of about the first three messages, sort of like you had originally given.

I'll probably accumulate the things I've learned here into a nice convenient post for others eventually. My intention is, of course, to give people a way to easily install something like this, to go under a header image of their choosing:
Number of pending friend requests should be similar to the PM number:

$req = $mysidia->db->select("friend_requests", array(), "touser='{$mysidia->user->username}' and status='pending'")->rowCount();
$this->assign("req",$req);

I think, untested though!

The rest I can help out with whatever you need later tomorrow. I managed to do the message one on my test site the way I showed you, but not javascript, ending up like this:

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,448
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

@IntoRain - Nice~ I figured it could be done with some simple css, too, but my mind's on fancy things.

Right now I'm deep in thought over how/where I'd like a friend notification to display. I might just make it a surprise modal pop up (not a new window sort of popup, different sort entirely) whenever a new page loaded, sort of like how I want surprise promo codes to pop up. I might even include a promo code with the friend request... in an achievement sort of way?

Actually that could be very cool, the more I think on it. Having one friend will reward you with a promo code, then again at five friends. I don't think I want too much more than that, because I want people having real friends, not just friends for promo codes. Just enough to encourage some social activity!

In addition, if you are a new person's first, second or third friend, I think you should also earn a promo code. Rare creatures based on friendship~ I like the sound of this. ovo

Hey, HoF, is there a referral reward system in place or in the works?

Last edited by Kyttias; 06-18-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 PM

Credits: 19,381
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a cool system, Kyttias, would for sure encourage people to add friends and help out newbies as well :)

asp.net stole my soul.