Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 326,842
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.0[Security Release]

Just as expected, the official version of Mys v1.3.0 is available to download starting from March 18, 2012. The release of Mys v1.3.x is a milestone of our dev team, and we will be moving forward to a brand new era of the development of this script. The feedback from members regarding the beta version also proved to be helpful to make this security release better than it otherwise would. Also you may notice the usage of objects and PDO's fetchObject() in this release, this is a significant change and will affect whoever aspire to make Addons/Mods for this script.

New Features:
1. Items and Itemshops
2. User Profile Redesign with Tabs
3. CK Editor for Custom Pages/Articles and Shoutbox
4. Dropdown Navtabs
5. Security Improvements
6. New ACP interface and features
7. MyBB forum integration
8. Further Script Improvement/Optimization and Bug fixes

Note: Please check the beta release thread for details of these new features. The MyBB forum integration is available in this security release now, I will post instructions on how to use it. Several glitches have been fixed in the official release too. The missing file admuploadpic.php has been added, the issue of unable to set default theme in ACP is fixed, and the green theme can be used now(it actually works fine with the drop down menu).

Installation Guide:
1. Use ftp to Upload the entire folder Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.0 Beta to your preferred directory, and change the name to whatever you like.
2. Change the CMD of folder "picuploads" to 777, together with its subfolders, this is required to enable user uploading images.
3. Access the installer script at "http://yoursitename.com/install/install.php", follow the instructions and proceed.
4. Congrats, you've successfully installed Mys v1.3.0. There is no need to manually encrypt your password in Mys v1.3.0, so cheers!

Note: The value pepper code can be generated from a website called: http://strongpasswordgenerator.com/, it can be of any length and may contain symbols. Make sure to delete the file install.php after running this script, or your site is potentially at danger if this file is accessed by someone else.

Note: An upgrader from mys v1.2.x is not yet available, and there is no way to update user passwords even if it will be available someday. For members currently using Mys v1.2.x, you will have to force all of your users to update their passwords manually when the day comes.

Forum Integration Guide:

First of all, make sure you have both fresh installation of Mysidia Adoptables and MyBB forum. Open the file /inc/config_forum.php, enter each empty field for the database info of your MyBB forum. Then Change the variable mybbenabled from 0 to 1. The very last step is to disable registration on the forum. It is all said and done, new users will have accounts created from both the adoptables site and the forum from now on.

Note the forum statistics cannot be automatically updated with registration from adoptables site, so run your maintenance tool regularly. The trick is quite simple, go to forum ACP -> Database Backup -> Recount/Rebuild -> Rebuild Statistics. It is not required though, but your forum statistics can be messed up if you dont do this.

Download Links(both .rar and .zip are provided):

Rapidshare:

rar version:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3308323...les_v1.3.0.rar

zip version:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1853455...les_v1.3.0.zip

Mediafire:

rar version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4rnmf9x7gnpo9rd

zip version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o6xam2ic67f32em

Again I appreciate all of you who stayed with me and Mysidia Adoptables when we've made little promises like we did before. Life as a senior is difficult but I try to survive. I can say the same to the other dev staff such as Nyxi and Fadillzzz. This script is nothing without supporters and users, so I owe you all big thanks here.

Hall of Famer
March 18, 2012

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:50 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,383
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

I seems that the Forum integration isn't working. I entered all of the info correctly and checked it several times, yet it is not working. My forum directory is archurub.com/Forum, so I should put '/Forum' in as the path, correct?

Also, it's saying that setting the default theme via the Admin CP isn't working. It says that the action does not exist.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Well this is weird, I do not suppose it matters what path you set for your forum. The forum integration automatically inserts a row of data to your forum database. You may have entered incorrect database info for your forums? Also note that the integration does not apply for the very first root admin users. When the admin set up a Mybb forum, his/her account is already created on the forum. Because of this, it is pointless to insert another admin user to forums.

Well for now you change default theme through the basic settings. I added one more field for default theme(its actually on the top, so hard to miss it).

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,383
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

Nope, the passwords, names, etc, are all correct...and I was testing by creating a Test account on the Mysidia portion and it wasn't working properly :(
Old 03-18-2012, 05:03 PM

Credits: 11,204
Corsair is on a distinguished road

Let me see if I can try it.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:03 PM

umm this is weird, worked perfectly for me on my demo site/forum... What message did you receive after registration? With successful forum integration, it should tell you something like 'You may also visit your forum account and edit your profile'.

If you do not get this message, go to your config_forum.php file and see if the value mybbenabled is set to be 1. The number 1 means mybb integration is enabled, 0 indicates that integration is turned-off.

If you get even worse messages like 'Failed to create forum account', then chances are the database info is entered incorrectly.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 PM

Credits: 11,204
Corsair is on a distinguished road

I tried it my self and it worked perfectly.

Edit: For some reason i can login to the adoptable site.

Last edited by Corsair; 03-18-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 80,981
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road

Not working for me either. I get the message that I can visit the forum but then when I go it won't let me log in.

Could it be because there are some fields in the user table that aren't listed in the register script?

Check out SilvaTales

Last edited by SilverDragonTears; 03-18-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:37 PM

@Corsair:
Are you encountering any problems? I tested it with the latest MyBB forum release and it never caused any issues for me. If your forum users database table is altered, or the MyBB password encryption system is changed, you may have trouble logging into the forum. Thats what I can think of at this moment.

@Silverdragontears
umm from the way it looks, your user has been successfully inserted into the forum database. If you aint sure for this, go to Phpmyadmin and look at the forum database table users and see if the row has been inserted successfully. You should get an error message saying 'forum account creation failed' if otherwise.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 80,981
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road

I'm looking at the database right now and I'm the only member in there :/

Check out SilvaTales
Closed Thread