Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Staff Central

Notices

Old 04-22-2020, 07:55 AM

Credits: 3,689
WillowArmadillo is on a distinguished road
Default PixelPonyClub - Paying for Coder help

Found a helper, thank you!

Hi! I am looking to pay someone to help me get the script up and running with some add-ons. I have had some experience with HTML and using the Mysidia Adoptable script, but at the moment I’m stuck in a rut and am looking for someone to help create something I can use. I not the most coding-savvy but am willing to learn and will be available via discord/email etc. I have outlined the basic features I’m looking for and am happy to provide a detailed page list and action list for each page to make it clear what I’d be looking for.
I would be happy with a basic bootstrap look.

I am currently running the base adoptable idea on a proboards forum: https://pixelponyclub.freeforums.net
It’s a pixel pony collectible game with different coat rarities and the option to train, breed and show your ponies.

It only has a small USR base at the moment, and I’m quite happy with it,the USRs all come from old style forum and geociites adoptable backgrounds, so we were used to housing pets on very basic html pages. I’m looking for something with that simple nostalgic feel to it, but with some features to make it a bit more automated and faster paced for the USRs.

I will also be keeping this forum linked up to the site.

[site features]
Quote:
- Main currency
- Possible secondary seasonal currency? (disappears when holiday event over)

- USR accounts with bank balance, inventory system and pasture(pet page)
- trading between USRs (currency,items,pets)

- Upgraded USR accounts met by set conditions
- Upgrading adds secondary pet page and "inventory"
- allows breeding of animals that basic USRs can’t
- alllows USR to create shows/raffles

- Pet profiles with health and skill stats that can be affected by training/injuries
- Lineage data page (simple table)
- Training system that effects stats (fee for training and limited training actions)

- Some basic shops

- NPC stable locations at which you can rent a stall for your pony

- Shows that can be created by staff and upgraded USRs, set to run on certain dates (e.g Show Jumping)
- show runs against pony stats and auto rolls winner/distributes prizes
- fee for sign up

- Breeding system with breed only outcomes and limited actions

- Explore system with randomised results of differing rarities.
- (Basic pages, select pony = “Visit the forest?” Yes - “Result! You found nothing, come back tomorrow”)
Most of the site would be basic and text based with the exception of pet and item images, I already have all the images created and can sketch up roughly how I would like the pages to look in photoshop.

Some site inspiration to maybe give you an idea of the scope/scale: DragCave.net, Silvanon’s Painted Unicorns or Nixphe site, Secundi.net and the Mysidia based adoptable sites. Obviously I am not directly asking for a copy of those sites, but I’m hoping it shows that I’m after a smaller scale not flash/CSS heavy.

I can pay via PayPal and am willing to look at quotes for this kind of site.
Depending on the quote I may be able to pay half before, half after, or monthly payments depending on the time.
I’m hoping that once the basic shell is up and the interface for adding pets is running that I will be able to upkeep the site myself, so I’m not looking to hire on a permanent basis, but would pay for future help/services again if needed in the future.

I have a current free domain with byethost and have downloaded FileZilla but that’s all I have so far, I don’t want to commit to purchasing a decent domain until I know the project will be started. If you’re happy to take in on please let me know, and if possible screenshots or a link to a site you've worked on ^^;

Thanks!

Last edited by WillowArmadillo; 05-01-2020 at 10:43 AM.