Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,541
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Alright, I admit I approached your suggestion in a wrong way, I apologize for this. I've been in bad mood lately due to my laptop issue, sorry for taking it on you.

Well yeah two months time, lots of stuff happened at this period of time. Yes I was indeed expecting to fix all these issues in Mys v1.2.0, but the dev staff got rather busy by the time Mys v1.2.0 was in development. It is not really about whether I pay them or not, you cant help with real life issues such as school, work and health. I barely managed to finalize Mys v1.2.0 on its scheduled release date. Once the spring semester is over I will be having a lot more freetime to deal with these flaws. Mys v1.3.0 is scheduled for summer, so there's plenty of time by then. I try my best to fix them all, and you can review this script again then.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:12 PM
One Truth Prevails

Credits: 191
conan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloometh View Post
it's a script, for crying out loud. An /adoptable/ script. I don't think people are going to be screaming their heads' off because there is some issues and the php isn't up to date. I have run into some glitches, but I get around them, and I know they will be fixed. As long as it doesn't effect my members, that's okay.

Do you really care this much about it, or are you just bored? :/ If you are making such a big deal, fix it yourself.
I'm assuming you do not understand the dangers of using a script with all of these issues. Glitches are one thing, being hacked, having all of your passwords stolen, and your site destroyed is another.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:16 PM

Credits: 1,133
nobackseat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloometh View Post
it's a script, for crying out loud. An /adoptable/ script. I don't think people are going to be screaming their heads' off because there is some issues and the php isn't up to date. I have run into some glitches, but I get around them, and I know they will be fixed. As long as it doesn't effect my members, that's okay.

Do you really care this much about it, or are you just bored? :/ If you are making such a big deal, fix it yourself.
Actually, I wish the script never existed.

I make such a big deal because I've been approached by numerous clients, daring me to attempt to make some use of the code.

It's a programmer's hell, but that is not something I would expect you to understand.

I won't fix it, because it isn't my responsibility, and I believe that it is in such a crippled state, I couldn't do very much to improve it. It needs to be redone.

NBS
Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 31,872
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

Actually NBS is right. It's not fair to anyone using the script to have so many loopholes and security issues. Development takes time, but I don't agree with having an un-secure and fairly untested script for mostly young people to use that makes them vulnerable to hackers. In the end if someone get's hacked they're going to point the finger at us and the argument that we haven't had time to fix these issues won't really stand. Not to mention putting pieces of the Rusnak script under the Mysidia name is really a bad idea press wise, as we can see from bad reviews and so many complaints.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:02 PM

I fully understand what you are saying, and yeah for now I try to fix loop runs only once flaw among all script files. The release of Mys v1.2.3, if it ever will be released, will look completely different. Sorry about that, it was supposed to be done a long time ago.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:05 PM

Credits: 66,346
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

wait, so the release of the next upgrade will be delayed until these problems can be fixed? D: A complete redo will have to be done of everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan View Post
I'm assuming you do not understand the dangers of using a script with all of these issues. Glitches are one thing, being hacked, having all of your passwords stolen, and your site destroyed is another.
I guess that is right - I am sorry if I appeared ignorent. I have some erm... issues. nothing I'm going into detail for, but I've had problems with direct thinking. I shall leave this discussion.

Last edited by AlexC; 04-12-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 31,872
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

Not necessarily. Upgrades are still possible, we'll just have to see where this goes...
Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 PM

Well chances are it will not be released as early as I expected before. I am already resolving the while loop runs only once flaw, as stated before. The security issues can be fixed without revising this entire script though, so guess it wont take way too long. It is a shame that it takes this long for me to actually realize these issues are deadly, which I apologize. I may end up doing some mods/addons instead of working on an official release for the rest of April. Sorry it has to be done this way, we dont really have a choice at this moment.

Hall of Famer

Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 PM

Credits: 1,133
nobackseat is on a distinguished road

HoF,

Thank you very much for your composed replies, and apology.

I only wanted to raise awareness of the current state of the script, never to attach the development team.

I understand you and your team are only trying to improve it.

I apologize for giving the impression of being impatient or rude.

I'll definitely let you know if I find anything else. ;)

NBS
Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 PM

Its perfectly fine, you didnt really say anything wrong, its just most of us did not realize how serious security issues are. And please do send me PMs about any programming flaws if you find more.

Closed Thread