Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 12-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Adoptable Site Owner

Credits: 8,169
SapphirePhoenix is on a distinguished road

Thank you! And after that, is it possible for me to create an offsite forum and then link it to my site?
Old 12-22-2015, 08:21 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,341
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Sure, you can upload a forum script to your server using FTP, install it and add it as a link from Mysidia's ACP.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:33 PM
Adoptable Site Owner

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Old 01-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,940
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I think this comes down to some change (or lack thereof) that's been made on your end.

I could tell you exactly what the error means but I don't think it'll help all that much. So...Here's one source of information, but let me explain it in my own words: Basically headers are really picky. There cannot be any html, even whitespace, rendering before it's called. If it's rendering, say, an error message because it's looking for improper or incomplete config data, well, you'd get a header error instead of the error that would tell you that's what's wrong, unfortunately.

First off, make sure your inc/config_forums.php has the correct information AND that it should also go without saying that you also should have installed the forum by visiting it's url and creating an admin account for it - its not as simple as just dropping the files in. The prefix being correct is the most important part. The file I talk about below is going to look inside your database for data from a forum install with that prefix. So if the config data is correct and the forum properly installed, you should be able to log into the forum by visiting its url with the admin account you just created for it during it's install process. If all this is good, then it's not the problem.

Inside functions/functions_forums.php, which relies upon the information above being correct, the line the error is happening in is the function mybbsetcookie() which is called in mybbregister(), also in that file, from the file register.php. This should be working just fine - so long as nothing is being rendered to the page BEFORE this happens. Can you verify for me that absolutely no changes have been made to register.php by putting in a copy from a fresh version of the files?

But this isn't the only place where problems could have occurred. Afterall, $mysidia->user->register(); is called before mybbregister() and if it attempted to render anything to the page, even a blank space, this error would be happening. I'm pretty sure that function is being called up from it's location in classes/class_visitor.php (since the visitor class is what actually registers users and extends user) and it's register() function. All this function should be doing is adding a user to the database. Definitely not writing anything to the page, so it shouldn't be interfering. Put in a fresh copy of classes/class_visitor.php to confirm no changes were made here from the default?

If you've literally made no changes at all (or if your forum config was correct), I don't see how this would be happening.

It's also worth asking, if all the above is fine, what version of MyBB are you trying to integrate? It's best with v1.6, which is slightly older. (Other types of forum software will not work, period, unless you write your own integration technique and cookie forwarder.)

Last edited by Kyttias; 01-10-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:56 AM

Well her site is on my webhost, so the PHP version is 5.5 which shouldnt be a problem. I thought the problem was resolved last time, so I dont quite understand what the OP is asking for this time?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:59 AM
Premium Member

It was never resolved. You asked her to turn off forum integration. Yes, that solved the problem, but she opened another thread asking how to integrate a forum and even PMed me about it. She knew she was doing something wrong (and I'm going to guess it was not installing the forum after putting the files in).
Old 01-10-2016, 09:07 AM

I see. If she has an active site with users, its a bit harder to integrate the forum. I thought her forum integration was working before, unless my memory wasnt correct. In this case, it may be good to ask her when it stopped working all of a sudden. Or if my memory was indeed wrong, did it never work in the first place?

Old 01-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Adoptable Site Owner

The forum works fine, but when I register testing accounts (on my site, not the forum) there's this error:
Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/azurelia/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/azurelia/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php on line 87

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/azurelia/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/azurelia/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php on line 87

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/azurelia/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/azurelia/public_html/classes/class_cookies.php on line 85

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/azurelia/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/azurelia/public_html/classes/class_cookies.php on line 88

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/azurelia/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/azurelia/public_html/classes/class_cookies.php on line 90

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/azurelia/public_html/functions/functions_forums.php:1) in /home/azurelia/public_html/classes/class_cookies.php on line 92

So...
Old 01-10-2016, 09:35 PM
Premium Member

Did you try anything from my post a few posts ago? I really feel something there should fix it. @w@
Old 01-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Adoptable Site Owner

Quote:
Inside functions/functions_forums.php, which relies upon the information above being correct, the line the error is happening in is the function mybbsetcookie() which is called in mybbregister(), also in that file, from the file register.php. This should be working just fine - so long as nothing is being rendered to the page BEFORE this happens. Can you verify for me that absolutely no changes have been made to register.php by putting in a copy from a fresh version of the files?

But this isn't the only place where problems could have occurred. Afterall, $mysidia->user->register(); is called before mybbregister() and if it attempted to render anything to the page, even a blank space, this error would be happening. I'm pretty sure that function is being called up from it's location in classes/class_visitor.php (since the visitor class is what actually registers users and extends user) and it's register() function. All this function should be doing is adding a user to the database. Definitely not writing anything to the page, so it shouldn't be interfering. Put in a fresh copy of classes/class_visitor.php to confirm no changes were made here from the default?
I believe the problem is probably that part, but I have checked that the files weren't edited. But then this:
Quote:
Afterall, $mysidia->user->register(); is called before mybbregister() and if it attempted to render anything to the page, even a blank space, this error would be happening.
Is something that I'm not 100% sure about, so can you please explain?

EDIT:
Also, I have noticed that when I registered on other Mysidia sites with integrated forums, the same error shows up.